SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<br>Just purcahsed a 2006 V70 T-5A. It has replaced my 96 850 Turbo.<br>How do you reset the the oil service indicator on the 06 V70?<br>Thanks/ Henry

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Re: 2006 V70 T-5: How do you reset the oil change service indicator? (henryc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>henryc</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><br>Just purcahsed a 2006 V70 T-5A. </TD></TR></TABLE><p>Wow...I did not know that Volvo still imported the V70 T5 in Canada...<p><br>Yannis

·
Registered
7,737 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>henryc</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just purcahsed a 2006 V70 T-5A. It has replaced my 96 850 Turbo.<br>How do you reset the the oil service indicator on the 06 V70?<br>Thanks/ Henry</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Don't know if this will work for an '06 or not but it's worth a try:<br>MY 2002+<br>The service reminder indicator (SRI) informs the driver that it is time for the car to be serviced. The text message is displayed for 120 s each time the ignition is switched on.<br>Proceed as follows to reset the service reminder indicator (SRI):<br>-Ignition position I<br>-Press and hold in the reset button for the trip odometer<br>-Ignition position II.<br>Note! Turn the key to position II within 2 seconds.<br>-Hold the reset button for the trip meter pressed in until the original value has been reset.<br>Note! For all vehicles from the 2003 model year a general yellow lamp will light when the reset button must be released.<br>-Release the reset button for the trip odometer within 4 seconds. The instrument gives an audible signal when resetting has succeeded<br>-If the trip meter is already reset the reset button should be held in for a minimum of 10 seconds and a maximum of 14 seconds.<br>Note! If the reset button for the trip odometer is not released within 4 seconds, the service reminder indicator (SRI) is not reset.<br>

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: 2006 V70 T-5: How do you reset the oil change service indicator? (MadeInJapan)

My usual answer is to SERVICE THE WAGON/CAR!

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
True...I agree with JRL 100%, but if you're like me and do your own oil changes, you want to be able to turn the reminder off. The above works with our '04 wagon.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Guys<p>Many thanks for this little gem.<p>I have a July 2003 (2004 MY - Round Volvo logo on steering wheel) V70 D5, which has just gone out of warranty. <p>I can now do my own servicing, and with Volvo UK dealers charging £85/hour labour, I can afford to change the oil/filter every 6,000 miles and still be in profit.<p>I've been restoring classics for 30 years - I've spoken to several of the snot-nosed kids who actually do the work in dealer service bays, and I wouldn't trust them to brush up, let alone service my baby.<p>Without Vadis and a laptop, they wouldn't have a clue. <p><br>Use genuine filters and a quality synthetic oil - your baby will reward you with long life and good economy.<p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts