SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping someone on here can help me out. I am looking at a 2006 V-70 R AWD, and I took it for a test drive yesterday. The car is in amazing condition, in and out. But then everything went south, the suspension ride settings didn't change at all when I pushed each of the buttons. It felt as if it was stuck on advanced all the time. The sport button on the transmission was working, and loved it! But the brake lights, parking lights, turn indicators, hazard lights, fog lights F&R, washer fluid, and rear wiper and cruise didn't work at all. The digital readout on the instrument cluster was faded, and barely visible, and when we got back from the test drive, we were told we didn't have any brake lights. So the salesman said it was all fuses related.
Please help me out and let me know if my gut feeling of not getting this car is correct.. They are asking
$10,999.00 with 142,000 miles on it. Is this even a fair price for this car with these issues???KBB lists it from
$9790.00-7490.00 with all these issues, am I going to lose out if I counter at a lower price and fix it all myself??

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
You'd be better off posting this in the R forum.
The issues could be caused by an old battery. Or it could be your worst nightmare. The R won't be for the faint of heart. It will need maintenance and there are a lot of things to be on the lookout for.

·
Registered
11,936 Posts
Yeah that car sounds like a bad deal.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
keep looking.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Don't pay over 5-6 for that in current condition. Tell him if its fuses then he needs to fix, and give you at least 60d warranty. Then maybe go to 8

1 - 6 of 6 Posts