SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
They did Not stick out but if I remember it was tight to get them in there because of it was not a direct straight away shot to the bulb holder. I am going to order some more for my V70 sometime soon to upgrade these lights. I was happy with the output, pattern (I do not want to blind people), and the reliability of the Hikari bulbs. Glück

·
Registered
7 Posts
Late to the party here. UK based, 2006 v70 d5 owner here. Switching to euro spec, which presumably I have, is not the answer. I regularly drive in Oxfordshire country roads, and am nearly blinded by on coming lights.

I have been contemplating finding a set of lights from a breaker / scrapyard and doing a projector retrofit. It is really hard to find good information though. Maybe we can put our heads together?

·
Registered
12 Posts
@Barnaby14, are you looking for a set of oem volvo xenon reflector headlights rhd V70 2005-08/2007.
I have a set that was I planning to modify to lhd, and put new lenses on.

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
Late to the party here. UK based, 2006 v70 d5 owner here. Switching to euro spec, which presumably I have, is not the answer. I regularly drive in Oxfordshire country roads, and am nearly blinded by on coming lights.

I have been contemplating finding a set of lights from a breaker / scrapyard and doing a projector retrofit. It is really hard to find good information though. Maybe we can put our heads together?
Incoming =/= outgoing. UK lights are weird its semi ECE but also not....RHD is different.

Cant fix car height and related headlight hight of others with your own hardware. Its a major problem for us wagon ppl stateside too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have done the H9 upgrade without issue. Check to see if the bulbs are installed correctly. It is difficult to install the bulbs in these lamps.

I have also done the Hikari LED bulb upgrade. These make a huge difference with light out put. Never had an issue with these even with -29ºC. Came with a 2 year warranty so I tried them. I had them for a little over 2 years when I sold the car. They were still as good as the day I installed them. Glück with your mods
Interesting that you had good experiences with LED's at low temps. I was always told to avoid them for winter driving as the heat from halogens kept the lenses from freezing up. Any thoughts

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
Interesting that you had good experiences with LED's at low temps. I was always told to avoid them for winter driving as the heat from halogens kept the lenses from freezing up. Any thoughts
Morimoto 3 fix this

·
Registered
7 Posts
@Barnaby14, are you looking for a set of oem volvo xenon reflector headlights rhd V70 2005-08/2007.
I have a set that was I planning to modify to lhd, and put new lenses on.
I am indeed looking. Are you looking to get rid of them, or do you fancy sharing notes? Have you got any good resources you can point to?

·
Registered
943 Posts
I had these thru a pretty tough winter and had no issues at all. I can only tell you about my experience with these LED bulbs. I did get another set in and installed them tonight without resistor to see if I would get bulb out warning. No warnings just plug and go. I may get a set for the high beams. I really like that there are just two LED that are in the same location as the halogen filament. Makes the light focused. If I have any issues I will report back.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I had these thru a pretty tough winter and had no issues at all. I can only tell you about my experience with these LED bulbs. I did get another set in and installed them tonight without resistor to see if I would get bulb out warning. No warnings just plug and go. I may get a set for the high beams. I really like that there are just two LED that are in the same location as the halogen filament. Makes the light focused. If I have any issues I will report back.
Care to link which bulbs you used?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Thanks for the link. I'm running a set of Sealight bulbs that were supposed to have resistors built in, but I still get the bulb failure message. I've tried several combinations of resistors with no luck either.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I have the black box version of the Hikari H11/H9 and not bulb out message with just straight plug in. No resistor.

somewhere on swedespeed there was someone who posted if you drill a 1mm (?) hole in one of the shunts in the CEM for the headlights that this would be enough to not trip the bulb out message. Maybe you search to find this. Glück.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts