SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2006 v50 t5 with 154k miles. I'm getting P2125 and P2127. Also "reduced engine performance" in dashboard. According to code it's throttle position sensor or accelerator pedal sensor. Which one is bad? Anyone has any experience with that? Car has no power when i step on accelerator. Car does not die during idle or driving.
Thanks

·
Registered
2007 Volvo V50 T5 AWD M66
509 Posts
Those came up on my car when it was extremely wet and humid. I cleared the codes and nothing has come back. Check your throttle pedal wiring for corrosion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fixed

Connected bluetooth/wifi scanner using Torque Pro app. I was able to see both TPS and APS sensors movement and positions in percentage. I also removed intake manifold and remove throttle body with electrical connected. When I stepped on gas pedal APS sensor percentage moved up slowly and throttle butterfly opened slowly. I had spare throttle body and swapped it and still the same. I then removed the APS and opened it up. I used electronic contact cleaner and clean the copper contacts with q-tips and put it back together. When I tested the pedal throttle butterfly open right away.
It's working now!

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Mine was the same way. I opened them, cleaned them as well, reassembled and put it back in. It worked without an issue for another month and then triggered the same codes. Just be aware it could not be resolved. I had to buy a low mileage unit off fleabay and it hasn't come back since. There is an analog and digital circuit that compares outputs and when there is a discrepancy, it triggers the code for the pedal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts