SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to verify the direction of the coolant flow on my V50.

Swapped the upper hose demagorgen shaped hose and the heater core after the plastic hose cracked. Had changed the thermostat before then as well as the temp sender.

The car is running great, but the temp gauge keeps going to the red...staying at the midpoint as long as it idles....but rev the engine and it goes to red.

I have been infrared temp checking all the hoses and things seem to check out OK...but I want to make sure I check all the ins and outs to make sure I dont have a clog somewhere.

So...can someone point me to a coolant flow/path diagram for my 2006 Volvo v50 2.4i?

Thanks!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Taken from VIDA

May not be exactly what you need, but gives a brief overview.

Start with simple things, make sure your cooling fan is working correctly. Could also be a stuck thermostat.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Taken from VIDA

May not be exactly what you need, but gives a brief overview.

Start with simple things, make sure your cooling fan is working correctly. Could also be a stuck thermostat.
Thanks for the diagram.
The fan is turning on...and increasing once the temp gauge goes past the midpoint (and continues to run after switching the car off) so I think that is working/interacting correctly.

None of the temps read are actually high...but tomorrow I plan to make some printouts of the diagram and label the temps I read at each point I can get to. This will help me see if there is a block somewhere...or if the temp sender is just faulty....hopefully that is the issue.

Thanks again for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts