SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· Registered
4,017 Posts
Re: 2006 Sport Body Kit Prices? (C130)

send a price quote to: [email protected], BoB will reply soon, says that Sebastian told you to email him for the body kit and you will get an amazing price. He is the best person on the US for price quote. He gave and increible price for the Brembo R calipers, disk, pads, lines, shield, etc. to my T5.

· Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Re: (C130)

Quote, originally posted by C130 »
So, are you telling me your actual costs are $3500-$4000 and you are not making any profit at this price?

You need to understand how a dealership operates. Each department is independant of the other with regard to cost/profit. Each department is its own profit generating center. Hence, sales department cost is higher than parts department cost . . . it's not retail, but the parts department MUST make enough profit to cover their own overhead.

The parts alone, at retailer cost, are around 2 grand. Then, as a retailer, you've got to sublet the paintwork to a body shop. So there's parts (paint) and labor (to paint the parts) involved there. And then the sales department has to pay the service department to have a technician install all the pieces. So service and parts make a profit off the sales department. Then the sales department can sell it to you at their cost, or make a profit.

So with how we have our retailer set up, sales department cost is about 3500, give or take a few hundred depending upon what the body shop charges for paint and labor.

I would assume they made some money on the car . . .

Of course you assume that. I'm sure that somewhere in the back of your head, no matter what you've been told, you're thinking that they've made thousands off of you. This simply is not the case.

I've posted this before: as a rule of thumb, new car sales departments LOSE MONEY. If a new car sales department breaks even, it is INCREDIBLY well run. So don't make the mistake of assuming they made money.

This Volvo dealership was number two in internet sales last year and one of the top overall in the country according to them.

Every internet department will tout that they're the best in the country. Why? Because Volvo doesn't keep track of internet sales, nor does Volvo rank dealerships based upon what source their sales are generated from. Hence, ANY internet department can tell you that they are the best . . . there's no proof either way.

Anyways . . . point is you are being charged around 2 grand for the kit, right? If that's the case, then I'm telling you straight up that you aren't getting a deal. You're getting a steal. So be happy

· Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Re: (C130)

Yeah, we'll see as I don't believe everything I'm told by any dealer, not to say they all lie.

I'm being serious here: thank you for your civility. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

I still don't believe it cost the dealer $4000 to put on the body kit though as one of the previous sales guys posted here.

May I respectfully ask upon what proof do you base your belief? Or is it just a gut feeling?

· Registered
403 Posts
Like R salesman said, each department is seperate. While they all work together and try to help eachother,each is responsible for certain numbers. So When I say we charged sales $4000 for bodykit,sure that wasnt to the penny cost,but IT WAS what sales got charged from us in service. Then its up to sales whetehr or not to mark it up.

Theses R kits are pricey and our body shop charges in the area of $700-1200 just for paint on these kits.Then factor in about 4 hours labor to install rear spolier and all pieces of lower body kit. It adds up. Its the same with Nav, factory chrges like $2995 yet on our volvo website the customer pay at dealer is around $3500-$4200 depending on model if installed at dealer.

· Registered
180 Posts
Re: (Mike"R")

Hey Mike R, I bought my car from you guys, can you tell me how much to remove the Sport Body kit and replace it with the stock R pieces?

I am looking for a rough guess I will not hold you to it.

How much to remove Sport Body kit and install and paint regular R body pieces?

Thanks

· Registered
403 Posts
Re: (jwg)

Honestly I would need to look at your car or my new one. On the normal R its has jkust the rear bumper, when they add the body kit ,they have to cut some of the lower bumper away. At least on my 04 they did. I found this out when i had to remove rear body kit for warranty issue, after pulling off, you could see about 12" x6" of rear bumper missing on left side for the exhaust.

If your near by, bring it in and I can take a look at yours. Also, as you may know,the trunk spoiler has to stay,since it has holes drilled in it for the sport kit spoiler,where as the reg R has a lip spoiler thats doulbe sided taped on.

· Registered
403 Posts
Re: (jwg)

Quote, originally posted by jwg »
I have no issues with the trunk spoiler it doesn't scrape on everything

I have a few customers who have just removed the front splitters because they scrape them alot. They left the rest of the kit and it didnt look terrible.

Or since you already have the kit, maybe just invest in the Evolve front bumper since its all one piece and it would also flow nicely with your body kit. Its such a shame to see an R lose its kit.

· Registered
403 Posts
Re: (Token)

Part numbers first, the rest is just forum babble...
2004 S60R Sport Kit (As I ordered it... May not be perfect, I winged it.)
39980713-0 Spoiler
30647016-2 Jack (std one won't do anymore for lifting on roadside.)
39987391-8 Trim Mould -r
39987377-7 Trim Mould -l
39987419-7 Trim Mould -r
39987405-6 Trim Mould -l
39992442-2 Lid
9170390-0 Seal Strip -r
9170389-2 Seal Strip -l
8694936-9 End Pipe
39939992448-9 Spoiler
39992447-1 Spoiler
399992449 Spoiler

Also ordered were the 05 smooth door waistline mouldings for painting to match. The cost of the kit alone without the mouldings was just about $1100 with free shipping to my door. Add 30% to that and you get about
$1400 as to what the parts should retail for.
(Provided I got it right.)

Now, to heave myself onto the pile...

It helps having friends in low places. I just ordered a kit for my Flash Green 04 60R and got it for $1100 which was employee cost.
Seeing that I put the order together on the computer, I believe it.

Running a small time independant tuning shop in the business for the last 5 years, dealing with parts dept's of numerous brand lines, I've seen where there's still somewhere between 10 and 20% that could be discounted before actual dealer cost is obtained. Although I would agree, this deal can't be done for everyone and dealers often rely on profits from the Parts and Service shops when sales are down. I've been in staff meetings when I worked at a dealership where the owner came in and flat out said, in one instance, the next month he wanted to see $1 mil more in gross out of the Parts and Service Dept's, to make up for slagging sales on the showroom floor. (near 30% increase) This was a large market but I would bet this happens all over but with figures commensurate with market size. Now just for a minute consider how in the hell a manager is going to make that happen and how that's going to effect Joe Q. Customer.

Back to Sport Kit. I got a local shop to offer work up for $400... I don't do Paint and Body work. (Lack of pateince thing.
) This shop is the best I've seen in my area, very top notch with several experiences seeing work done by them with folks whom I sent to them. I consider the price as well as the end product will be well worth it, this will be a Demo for me while I work on Benz's, BMW's and of course Volvo's... of which I plan to do much more of in the future.

I would suggest to anyone venturing into obtaining this look/kit that before you try doing any cost skimming that you consider the end quality and if it's worth it.

Modified by Dzljet at 7:18 AM 4-2-2006

· Registered
2,382 Posts
Re: (Dzljet)

Thank you so much for those part number Dzljet! It has been a total nightmare trying to get these numbers. Now finally I can get my local indepdendent dealer to order them.

I guess a picture of the parts must come up on their computer? Because there seems to be 4 spoilers you have mentioned and I don't know where they go. There should be two front splitters, one rear bumper piece, two side skirts, and a trunk spoiler?

· Registered
2,382 Posts
I have managed to combine the replies from George at Viva Performance and Dzljet to work out the following:

39980713 [Elevated Trunk Spoiler]
30647016-2 Jack

39987391-8 Trim Mould -r [No idea]
39987377-7 Trim Mould -l [No idea]
39987419-7 Trim Mould -r [No idea]
39987405-6 Trim Mould -l [No idea]
39992442-2 Lid [No idea]
9170390-0 Seal Strip -r [No idea]
9170389-2 Seal Strip -l [No idea]

8694936 [End Pipe welded on exhaust]
39992448 [Front Left splitter]
39992447 [Rear bumper piece]
39992449 [Front right splitter]

Any explanation of what the parts with [No idea] next to them are and where they go on the car?

Cheers.

· Registered
403 Posts

I got some print outs that may help, I'll try and get them scanned and posted. It's confusing on the surface as it's not an easy kit to order, the dealer I went to had no idea how to get it done and that's how I ended up on the computer.. I hope I got it right.

I contacted George/Viva.. or at least tried to as I was going to buy through him but after no response despite several attempts decided to go my own way. With my buying experience with BSR PPC and Engstrom I'm not really impressed with Customer Service from Volvo aftermarket. (More to follow on this experience later, in another thread)

Token; Give me time, I'm also working on taxes and bills right now. Swedespeed times are brief aversions from work.

I sent you an e-mail for now.

Modified by Dzljet at 10:18 AM 4-2-2006

· Registered
514 Posts
Re: (Dzljet)

I've placed an order with George/ViVa and I havn't heard anything. I emailed him a couple times as well and never recieved a response. I wonder if he's around or on vacation or somehting. Normally he's really good about responding as I have purchased a few items from his store in the past.

· Registered
2,382 Posts
I have FINALLY figured this whole thing out.

Right, here comes the science part....

Firstly you need the front splitters (39992448 and 39992449), then you need the rear bumper piece (39992447). These are specific to the R.

The side skirts are the SAME for any '04 or '05 S60. So you just order the S60 bodykit side skirts and they fit fine. Equally, the trunk lid spoiler is the same one that you can have on a normal S60. So you order that one as well.

All the parts come in primer, so you need to paint them. But the trunklid spoiler comes pre-painted from the factory so you must specify your colour code before you order it.

And thats that.

Edit: Forgot to mention, you should order the endpipes which let the exhaust show from out of the sport rear bumper. The endpipes need to be welded on to the stock exhaust tips. "R" Kelly has it I think, there is a pic at the bottom of this thread
http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=56408 http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by Token at 12:28 PM 4-2-2006

· Registered
403 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Token »
I have FINALLY figured this whole thing out.

Right, here comes the science part....

Firstly you need the front splitters (39992448 and 39992449), then you need the rear bumper piece (39992447). These are specific to the R.

The side skirts are the SAME for any '04 or '05 S60. So you just order the S60 bodykit side skirts and they fit fine. Equally, the trunk lid spoiler is the same one that you can have on a normal S60. So you order that one as well.

All the parts come in primer, so you need to paint them. But the trunklid spoiler comes pre-painted from the factory so you must specify your colour code before you order it.

And thats that.

Sounds like you got it spot on Token.

· Registered
5,236 Posts
Re: (KVB)

Quote, originally posted by KVB »
I've placed an order with George/ViVa and I havn't heard anything. I emailed him a couple times as well and never recieved a response. I wonder if he's around or on vacation or somehting. Normally he's really good about responding as I have purchased a few items from his store in the past.

Kevin,

You should have an email from us. We replied over the weekend...
Either case, your order will be shipping tommorow... http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
1,125 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Token »
Ed Boyer from Keystone Motors (keystonemotors.com) sent me a fantastic PDF file which shows how to install the parts and their part numbers.

If anyone wants this PDF post your email addy and I will send it to you.

I'd like that PDF ... I posted a similar question a while ago and no one seemed to have the info. Pls email me at [email protected] TIA

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.