SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the going rate for adding the Sport Body Kit? I have the 2006 Electric Silver and since it wan't an option I am going to add it on. My dealer told me they would do it at the original cost of around $2000, part of the deal, but they are about three hours away so I am going to check my local dealer where I bought our XC90 from and get a quote. Just wondering what people are paying but I assume the $2000 is a very good price and well worth the drive as they are also going to give me a loaner for the day?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: 2006 Sport Body Kit Prices? (C130)

JUMP ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I added the kit to my 2004 S60R and the cost of the kit alone UNPAITED is 2000.00 then you will have to pay 1200-1800.00 for install and paint at a body shop. My total was 1998.00 (that was with a 10% dealer discount) for the kit and 1450.00 to paint and install. You are 1450.00 ahead of the game. The car look tough with the kit. Subtle without.Depends on the look you are going for. Without the kit, I blended into traffic. With the kit, I get compliments and the occasional gauker on a minute to minute basis on the road. Cheers, Rick http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike"R",

I assume your actual costs weren't that high as the body kit itself isn't that expensive is it? I thought I recalled someone on another thread stating you could get the kit for around $1400.00 because the price had dropped. I hope my sale person knew what she was talking about when she told me $2000. She was a very experienced sales person and looke it up and told me they would do it at their cost.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: (C130)

I just got a quote from partsforvolvosonline.com. Shippied to the US 1850.00. I would still spend a little more and go thru the dealer. If something came in mucked up the dealer will take care of you. Dealing with Sweden can be difficult. Just my 2c's

·
Registered
206 Posts
Re: 2006 Sport Body Kit Prices? (MASH)

I bought my '05 S60R used and it has the kit on it. It looks great but the front air dam is so low that you really have to careful with it. Living in New England, I wondered if I could take it off in the winter but when I looked I saw it is rivited on. If I were putting it on, I would consider bolting it so that I could take it off during pot hole season. Asked a body shop and they told me that it could be bolted on as that is how trim use to be attached.

·
Registered
403 Posts

Quote, originally posted by C130 »
Mike"R",

I assume your actual costs weren't that high as the body kit itself isn't that expensive is it? I thought I recalled someone on another thread stating you could get the kit for around $1400.00 because the price had dropped. I hope my sale person knew what she was talking about when she told me $2000. She was a very experienced sales person and looke it up and told me they would do it at their cost.

Well I havent checked in awhile. But Ive never heard of s60R kit being discounted, I beleiev it isnt even a kit but has to be pieced together.

Now the regular S60 has a body kit part # and it was heavily discounted for 04 models, because in 05 the reg. S60 bumpers changed and so the 04 kit no longer worked. I still think you will pay alot more for a kit after the fact unless the delaer sucks up some of the loss.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Re: (Mike"R")

So if I knew of a guy who had a chance to get a 04 Sport kit for $1100 from dealer, I should tell him to jump on it?
..Or more to the point, buy it for me.

Modified by Dzljet at 7:11 AM 4-2-2006

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote, originally posted by Mike"R" »
Well I havent checked in awhile. But Ive never heard of s60R kit being discounted, I beleiev it isnt even a kit but has to be pieced together.

Now the regular S60 has a body kit part # and it was heavily discounted for 04 models, because in 05 the reg. S60 bumpers changed and so the 04 kit no longer worked. I still think you will pay alot more for a kit after the fact unless the delaer sucks up some of the loss.

I assume you know the exact cost of the parts. I wouldn't think it would actually cost the dealer $4,000.00, assuming your department didn't actually charge the service department based upon a profit, which probably it did for business reasons. What is the exact dealer cost for the parts, anyone know? All I know is what my sales person told me and I will hold them to it. She told me they had installed several body kits and they would do it at "their" cost if I bought the car as I wanted an R with it but liked the Electric Silver. I guess it is well worth the 3 hour drive each way and they said it would be ready and they would give me a loaner for the day to go sight see.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

2 grand FINSHED, painted and installed is a TERRIFIC price

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Mike"R" »

You're spot on.

The regular S60 body kit (that goes on 2.4, 2.5T, and T5) can be had for just around 2 grand, painted and installed.

The R-specific kit, however, isn't a kit. It's pieced together . . . the only reason the parts are available is for replacement purposes. Everything comes unpainted. We've priced it up here, and it runs between 3500 and 4000, painted and installed.

If anyone can get this painted and installed for around 2000, there are two possibilities:

1) the parts guy who gave the quote doesn't know what the heck he's talking about
2) that dealership will go out of business very soon because somebody's not paying attention.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Re: (Token)

Quote, originally posted by Token »
R Salesman,

Can you please give me the part numbers for all the parts that make up the 2004 S60R kit?
And you have to remeber to add the rear spolier if thats important to you. It is not part of any of the kits but does come from the factory on R's with body kit only.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (R Salesman)

Quote, originally posted by R Salesman »
You're spot on.

The regular S60 body kit (that goes on 2.4, 2.5T, and T5) can be had for just around 2 grand, painted and installed.

The R-specific kit, however, isn't a kit. It's pieced together . . . the only reason the parts are available is for replacement purposes. Everything comes unpainted. We've priced it up here, and it runs between 3500 and 4000, painted and installed.

If anyone can get this painted and installed for around 2000, there are two possibilities:

1) the parts guy who gave the quote doesn't know what the heck he's talking about
2) that dealership will go out of business very soon because somebody's not paying attention.

So, are you telling me your actual costs are $3500-$4000 and you are not making any profit at this price? Remember, this was part of the deal, I buy the car and they put on the kit at their cost, which to me means no profit. I would assume they made some money on the car, so when you have 6-7 R's on the lot, makes sense to me to make money on the car to get it off the lot and break even on the body kit. This Volvo dealership was number two in internet sales last year and one of the top overall in the country according to them.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts

Quote, originally posted by C130 »

So, are you telling me your actual costs are $3500-$4000 and you are not making any profit at this price? Remember, this was part of the deal, I buy the car and they put on the kit at their cost, which to me means no profit. I would assume they made some money on the car, so when you have 6-7 R's on the lot, makes sense to me to make money on the car to get it off the lot and break even on the body kit. This Volvo dealership was number two in internet sales last year and one of the top overall in the country according to them.

My dealership promised my 17" Pegs and Snows at their cost. Then they insisted that "their cost" for the rims was more than the deal here from vptuning and that their cost for tires was more that retail from Tirerack. Good luck with your deal.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, we'll see as I don't believe everything I'm told by any dealer, not to say they all lie. I still don't believe it cost the dealer $4000 to put on the body kit though as one of the previous sales guys posted here.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts