SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola -

Just bought a 2006 S80, one owner, dealer maintained. Water pump's leaking, but that's NBD. I have had 2 V70's and done timing belts on both, so I know the ins and outs of a water pump replacement. Just hope I don't break off a screw on this one like happened to me last spring, that was a PITA.

Not a lot of action in this section of swedespeed though.... so these cars must be bulletproof, huh?

Hahaha.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Mine is an '04, bought it 4 years ago with 65K on it, now up to 112K. Love the car, very reliable, very comfortable to drive. Always get lots of compliments since it's pearl white and I have chrome oem Tucana wheels, it just works looks-wise. Most can't believe the car is 12 years old. Car is probably going to my 16 y.o. son this summer when he gets his license. If we didn't desperately need a wagon/suv I would get another P2 S80.

Tell us more about your car. Got any pics? '06 was the year that came standard with the nice sport seats that the T6 always had.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
URL=http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/peterbrown77/media/Mobile%20Uploads/01313_1KdhH5nLEKw_600x450.jpg.html]
[/URL]

·
Registered
195 Posts
Very nice. I saw that because it is identical to ours, bought new in 06 & now 115k. Ours AWD. Been bulletproof until today, with ignition switch problem (see new post). Probably something minor. Great ride. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So is the 2006 Aisin better sorted than the 2000 Aisin? I never had issues with my 2000 V70 but I heard others had. I all I did was a full trans flush on it and any odd shifting disappeared.

Minor issues with which to deal: missing trim piece on pop up cup holder, cracked lens on one fog light, small tear in the door armrest on the LR door.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Have had no transmission issues. When you buy the replacement cup holder, buy 2 because your wife will break it (stupid design). Lots of nice door rear door panels in the yards. Erie Vovo will ship one & easy to replace. Fog lights, too.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm single for almost ten years now - I'll order ONE cupholder hahahahah.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I believe it's the same as my V70, timing belt at 110,000 miles. Do the water pump at the same time.

·
Registered
195 Posts
It's 110k or 115k, or 10yr, whichever 1st for the timing belt. I did ours at 110k/9.5 yrs. include water pump. Apparently the ignition switch will fail sometime after 100k, as ours just did. $660 for the part assembly (ouch).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts