SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

I'm looking at a 2006 r with 85k miles. How much is this worth? I'm thinking I shouldn't pay more than 11.5k is that about right? All is stock besides aftermarket nav / Bluetooth system.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
I'm thinking that:

1) This is a FOR SALE Forum; not an inquiry Forum
2) Even if this was the correct forum, you won't get an answer without a lot more information concerning color, options, condition, pics, etc
3) 11.5K isn't realistic

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Magoon you don't own an R anymore but you sure like to hang around here a lot and chime in like you do?! Is Audiworld that boring?

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Magoon you don't own an R anymore but you sure like to hang around here a lot and chime in like you do?! Is Audiworld that boring?
Not at all. I did quite a lot of troubleshooting for the R crowd.........so I stop by from time to time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I figured 13300 would be fair. I even offered up to 13800 but he wanted 14 firm because he put a lot of $ into his sound system and new wheels... O.O that shouldn't be my problem I thought.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
I just sold an 06 V70R (worth maybe 2-2500 more than a sedan) to a DEALER (wholesale) for just about 20K and you want to offer 11,500 for an 06 sedan??

·
Registered
21,166 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well no after seeing it 11.5 isn't fair. I don't know what kind of miles your v70 had but seems you got a good deal. Regardless is 14 really fair?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Well no after seeing it 11.5 isn't fair. I don't know what kind of miles your v70 had but seems you got a good deal. Regardless is 14 really fair?
60K service was done

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well judging by these responses it looks like I was being a little irrational. I think I'm going to offer to buy tomorrow for 14. Thanks for input

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Well judging by these responses it looks like I was being a little irrational. I think I'm going to offer to buy tomorrow for 14. Thanks for input
If you like the after market items, go ahead.......just make sure you get as much of the service history as possible and make sure that everything works. I would recommend paying for a mechanic inspection BEFORE committing to the purchase. And be prepared for the $2K clutch/slave job if it wasn't replaced yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I changed my mind again! He doesn't have repair records. The audio system took out the subwoofer.. AND he bought it at 13800 from a dealer two years ago with 60k miles but has no records of the private mechanic repairs from that..... Going to look at some in pa today maybe Connecticut.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
I changed my mind again! He doesn't have repair records. The audio system took out the subwoofer.. AND he bought it at 13800 from a dealer two years ago with 60k miles but has no records of the private mechanic repairs from that..... Going to look at some in pa today maybe Connecticut.
If you're looking in PA; contact Jim (JRL). At least you'll have a reputable seller that will give any car a good once over prior to sale.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts