SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have a 2006 S60 2.5T with a burned out passenger side headlight. I have read several of these "How Do I Replace My Headlight?" posts and they are all saying the same thing. To remove the back cover, reach in and twist the bulb, and remove it from the housing... OK now, Unless folks are some freak of evolution and have three extra joints in their wrists or have hands the size of a typical newborn, how the hell do you get more than two fingers on the bulb and how are you supposed to twist it out with only two fingers?! Sorry for the rant but this is really starting to piss me off. I am going to grab a beer now and calm down. Thanks for any suggestions you might have. :mad::beer::)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I hear you brother - it is a total PITA... But you may want to try the following to allow a little more room for your large hands.
What I do is I take the cover of the ECU box ( couple of clips) then I remove the walls of the ECU box (another clip or two at the bottom)
(Do not pull out the ECU panels!)
You may want to move or disconnect some of the wires that seem to be in the way.
Now this will not give all the room in the world but it will help - and it will get easier after you have done it a few times.
And yes you will still need to basically use two fingers to get the bulb out.

BTW on the drivers side - I remove the air filter /box assembly - this will give you plenty of room.
Best of luck and welcome to the forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts