SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have googled and watched YouTube videos showing the location of factory amps for this car and my car does not seem to have it in any default location. Can someone tell me where else to look? NOT on the left side of the trunk! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
If you don't have an external amp located in the left rear fender trunk area, you probably do not have an external amp. Instead your amp is likely integrated with the CD player and that is where you will find the speaker outputs. I say likely because I may not be aware of all variants but I don't there were external amps placed anywhere else.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so if no trunk amp then what is the best place to tap audio outputs? Is there a good place to get at the rear speaker harnesses?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Better question- what wire colors connect the door speakers to the stereo? If I just go behind the column cover I can tap it before it hits the door. Just need the wire colors for the rear speakers. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I attached the wire diagrams. You should be able to tap into the wires at the CD player (IAM) or at the rear doors.

White Line Blue Daytime Aqua Turquoise Azure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts