SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got 185k on this thing. getting dem-0003, supply voltage fault. i believe my awd is out as winter is approaching. fortunately (or maybe no), weather looks dry for the foreseeable future.

i have a troubleshooting guide to walk through, however, i think it will require a rebuild. i know xemodex provides this service. i also found automotive scientific inc in tennessee and bba reman in massachusetts. anybody have experience with asi or bba?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I did rebuild two DEMs myself, it's not hard unless the PCB is completely destroyed by water/salt/oil. It cost me nothing, though I had to replace one corroded SMD resistor.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
My buddy runs a shop and has been successful with swapping out used DEMs from AWD volvos from the same model year to get AWD working again. I've been picking and collecting them from the JYs as they are an easy pick if the vehicle is lifted. $25-$50 for a DEM, solenoid, and sensor depending on the yard.

Myself, I'm running a DEM from a 2008 XC90 V8, besides not being able to communicate with it through VIDA, the AWD works flawlessly.

If you're able to find a used DEM with matching PN for cheap I'd try it out. We have also been successful as swapping in DEM with unmatched PNs but YMMV.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did rebuild two DEMs myself, it's not hard unless the PCB is completely destroyed by water/salt/oil. It cost me nothing, though I had to replace one corroded SMD resistor.
thanks. what did you find to be the issue(s)? assuming the pcb is in good shape.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My buddy runs a shop and has been successful with swapping out used DEMs from AWD volvos from the same model year to get AWD working again. I've been picking and collecting them from the JYs as they are an easy pick if the vehicle is lifted. $25-$50 for a DEM, solenoid, and sensor depending on the yard.

Myself, I'm running a DEM from a 2008 XC90 V8, besides not being able to communicate with it through VIDA, the AWD works flawlessly.

If you're able to find a used DEM with matching PN for cheap I'd try it out. We have also been successful as swapping in DEM with unmatched PNs but YMMV.
thanks. i'll keep my eye out for a used part.

btw, my '05 is crystal green also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts