SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think and that this will be a coveted thread.

In the next two weeks i will be installing the TranzIt BLU HF by iSimple Solutions ISFM2351, Antenna adapter, and a dual port USB charger.
I have looked into many solutions including the GROM unit... but this made the most sense for what I needed.

I have already ordered everything and it being shipped as I write.

Here are the product images:

(if anyone has any experience (positive or negative) with any of the above please write)

Stay tuned.

·
Super Moderator
15,197 Posts
Wiring through the antenna will be interesting... Post a good install write up and sound quality review and I'll sticky.

For anyone who already has an Aux in, there are many great options for aux-in bluetooth devices. I have a Kinivo and love it, CD player sound quality.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I'm interested in how this turns out. I only have an FM transmitter and it gets quite annoying sometimes.
I was thinking of getting an FM transmitter, but I'm not sure. What issues do you have? I like to take road trips and I feel like it would be annoying always having to change the frequency.

·
Super Moderator
15,197 Posts
I was thinking of getting an FM transmitter, but I'm not sure. What issues do you have? I like to take road trips and I feel like it would be annoying always having to change the frequency.
Most FM transmitters will only get a clear station in the 80s to low 90s, and above 105.

Not sure about van13330gg, but I had a GoGroove and it was one of the best FM transmitters I have ever used. Bluetooth connection, little static, picked up base nice, not comparable to CDs, but just as good as any other FM station. I live close to Atlanta (many radio stations) and had it set to a channel in the 80s. I never had to change channels even with taking road trips to NY.
You can order the GoGroove through Walmart's website. If you don't like it, return it for a full refund, no questions asked. Plus you can ship to a store and return it to a store without having to pay shipping.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Most FM transmitters will only get a clear station in the 80s to low 90s, and above 105.

Not sure about van13330gg, but I had a GoGroove and it was one of the best FM transmitters I have ever used. Bluetooth connection, little static, picked up base nice, not comparable to CDs, but just as good as any other FM station. I live close to Atlanta (many radio stations) and had it set to a channel in the 80s. I never had to change channels even with taking road trips to NY.
You can order the GoGroove through Walmart's website. If you don't like it, return it for a full refund, no questions asked. Plus you can ship to a store and return it to a store without having to pay shipping.
Thanks! I'll look into this. It's not much at all, so it may be worth the shot. I'm impressed you didn't have to change stations on road trips.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Just installed the Tranzit Blu HF....the functionality is great, but the audio quality is crap. Rather disappointing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
This is not a transmitter
It's a modulator. The difference is that it doesn't loop or interfere with an existing radio stations but rather temporarily disables the radio all together. Think of it as a triangle.

Car --> radio

Or

Car --> fm modulator.

You can never have both at the same time.

With an FM transmitor it would be Car -->radio <--fm transmitor.

This is one solution to a complicated problem. The Volvo uses a system called MOST, which runs all fiber optic cables, thus it's slim pickings for aftermarket audio solutions that are compatible and under 150$.

Another benefit to this system is that you won't have any cables anywhere. Because is uses Bluetooth. There is no need for an AUX cable or the cheap solution of a FM transmitor which has a cable and some times a screen or even a holster...

·
Super Moderator
15,197 Posts
This is not a transmitter
It's a modulator.
I think that's understood. Comments above were about this being a good solution to FM transmitters.

These cars were very advanced for 2004. But Volvo never upgraded that 2004 technology through the car's life until 2012.
Hopefully this works out as a good solution, seeing as the other options are extremely prices for an outdated car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Drjonez, how would you rate the quality out 10?

Also when I was doing my research I had two options for the antenna adapter. Did you install the exact same one?
(The other option was an adapter that would connect behind the C-pillar, going up the roof fin)

I choose the one pictured above because it hooks in directly to the back of the stereo... I wonder if that would make a difference.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Drjonez, how would you rate the quality out 10?
With 10 being the system in my old 2003 A4 w/Bose and the later Symphony II+ head unit when playing a CD and 1 being a cheap, unpowered headphone jack speaker; I'd rate this a solid 6. It is pretty bad with the engine off, sitting in a parking lot....tolerable when you're on the road. The phone functions are pretty great, though.

Also when I was doing my research I had two options for the antenna adapter. Did you install the exact same one?
(The other option was an adapter that would connect behind the C-pillar, going up the roof fin)

I choose the one pictured above because it hooks in directly to the back of the stereo... I wonder if that would make a difference.
I did the 9V connector thing, right at the antenna.

·
Super Moderator
15,197 Posts
Today finished my install with a cheap bluetooth receiver ($13 + shipping).
Will post how-to tutorial soon.

Sneak peek (low quality):
That looks so clean!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.