SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time posting on the thread.

I have a 2005 V50T. A few days ago, my windscreen washer (front and back) stopped working. Wipers work fine all round. Also, the headlamp washers and wipers still work fine.

Washer fluid reservoir is full. Checked the hoses running under the hood to the nozzles… everything is fine. No obvious leaks or disconnects. Was difficult to trace the hose running from the reservoir up to where it connects up under the hood.

So my next thought was to check the fuses. This is where I get stumped - In the owner’s manual it says that the fuse (15A) for the “Washer, Rear Window” is in the fuse box on the passenger side of the cabin, under the glove compartment, slot 48. The fuse for the Headlamp Washers is located in the fuse box in the engine compartment, slot 11… and the fuse for the “Windscreen Wipers” is in this same engine compartment fusebox, slot 17.

Nowhere can I find the fuse listing for the Washer for the windscreen. Am I missing something??

I checked the fuse for the Washer, Rear Window, figuring that maybe it is the same fuse to supply power to the pump feeding both washers front & back… but the fuse is intact.

I am figuring that either I am completely missing the point of where the fuse for the windscreen washer is… or perhaps the pump is blown? Am at a loss…

Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Before going any further look under your nozzles at the little valves. See if your cap (red in this pic) is missing.

This happend to me last year. Replaced it and all is good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,303 Posts
Even if it's not missing, there is a precision diaphragm valve in there, and they are easily damaged by cheap washer fluid. Unplug the input side and run the pump, see if it sprays from the hose.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
If it doesn't spray, then it's the pump right Tom? Lol. Otherwise the cap is what holds pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,303 Posts
Right - no gusher means the pump (there are two) isn't moving fluid. Otherwise, it means the diaphragm is now a lump of goo and clogging the tee. Usually, it is a flow equalizer and one-way valve.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Replaced mine with brass pneumatic fittings I have on my service van. No more issues with plastic stuff clogging or breaking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts