SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

2005 S60R Ti Grey / Nordkap 6MT Modded (Maryland)

11K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  FORD420diesel 
#1 · (Edited)
The car is in 20833, Maryland!! It is NOT in KC, MO anymore. It has moved to Maryland, to my parents house, and I've relocated to Korea for the year (Army).

Price bumped to $9,500.00 OBO, up from $8,750.00. The SR now has valid Maryland State Inspection (it needed the tint removed from the rear window as limo is too dark for MD, and it needed new rear rotors). $9,500.00, make an offer. I'd like it to not just sit at my parents house in Maryland all year that I'm in Korea! Thanks folks!!

Per the SS guidelines, here is my '05 for sale!

• Stephen Morse (e-mail is the best way to contact me)
• Volvo S60R
• 116,xxx
• Titanium Grey
• 6MT (manual)
• Good condition (Owned since 2006 and 2x,xxx miles; modded and raced on the Nürburgring, Autobahn, and Autostrada during the 4.5 years in Germany)
• Navigation, heated seats, rear park assist, non-premium sound, sunroof, sport body kit (minus winglets and spoiler)
• Platte City, MO (just North of Kansas City); on or about 12 June will be driven to Maryland to my folks
• VIN: YV1RH527552434492
• $9,500 OBO
• Contact Information: morsetechnologies at gmail dot com, (301) 774-3254 (E-mail is best!)

• Modifications:
Tune: ARD Carbon (Nov 2012)
Suspension: IPD track spec sways, UR rear upper brace, lug bolts replaced with lug studs and nuts
Audio: IMIV adaptor for iPod, custom subwoofer enclosure in trunk that costs no trunk space
Intake: Snabb FMIC, Evolve hood grilles with custom painted Ti Gray covers
Exhaust: EST downpipe and catback
Brakes: Takspeed SS brake lines

• Accident history:
1. Hit and run on front bumper (not repaired)
2. Sideswipe on passenger rear quarter (repaired)
3. Scuffed exhaust surround (not repaired)
4. Scuffed under passenger side skirt (not repaired)
5. Hail damage and door dings (repaired with PDR)

• Maintenance and Service history:
Oil: Mobil 1 10W-30 every 5k-7k since I've owned it (except for after a Nürburgring day; then, oil changed immediately afterwards due to heat)
Timing belt: changed 1st at 56k due to Nürburgring useage (rather safe than sorry!) and 2nd at 116k
Replaced PCV box and upper hose (to top of engine) at 116k
All four hubs replaced somewhere in 50k-75k window
Brand new Continental Extreme Contact DWS's (>2,000 miles on them)

S60R is at KC Autosport in KC currently, getting timing belt changed, new FMIC (Snabb) setup pressure tested, new front 4C shocks (Monroe C2501's) installed, IPD HD spring seats installed, IPD HD LCA's installed, hard line replaced that I broke when doing PCV change.

• Notes:
I'd had many more modifications on the SR that I've removed and either installed on the V70R (the SR's replacement) or are on deck for installation on the VR, including: modified headlights, UR front upper brace, Takspeed Titanium brake heat shields, Bell FMIC, IPD lower trans mount, etc. The V70R is the replacement for the S60R, and is the reason for the sale. When I was in Germany, I had the S60R and a POS 1995 855; the 855 could handle all my friends and I and our gear for vacations while the S60R just couldn't. Since then, I wanted to get the V70R so I could do both. I now have it, so time to pass on the S60R! :D

See less See more
#2 ·
As far as what goes with it and what doesn't, the headlights that are on the car in these pictures do NOT go with the sale. Rather, 2006 regular US spec headlights go with the sale, and are already swapped (the V70R has these headlights in it now). Also, the car gets the original 17" Pegasus wheels with it; they are in the next post with all the additional photos.

-----saved space to answer any other questions from e-mails-------

#3 · (Edited)
Driver's Seat

Driver's Seat bottom

Driver's Seat upper

Passenger Seat

Passenger Seat bottom

Passenger Seat upper portion

Wheel #1

Wheel #2

Wheel #3

Wheel #4

Small massacre of insects, along with front clip...

Engine

Boost gauge in vent pod

Door ding just behind handle, driver's side rear door

Scuffed exhaust surround, underneath exhaust

#4 ·
Shameless extra pictures, through the years...

Mom and I picking up the S60R's replacement, the V70R, in PA. Of course we drove the SR up there! :D

My buddy Jan and I, enjoying the hell outta the Nürburgring!! :D

In Germany, when she still had her winglets... You can see the damage that European roads had already inflicted upon them!!

Glamour shots in Germany, post claybarring her...

When I bought her, and bought my house in El Paso, TX!

Photo shoot with my buddy's GT500...

Note the WRONG bumper surround the stealership installed in El Paso; they fixed it shortly after this... :D

#5 ·
Wow, I'd expected to get more comments than I have (none)!! So, bump, along with quickie history...

I bought this in mid-2006 from the original owner with 2x,xxx miles on it (23k? 26k?); I'm only selling now because I wanted more storage room. I bought a 2006 V70R with 105k on it for $15k as a replacement.

Am I asking too much for Rebecca? It is definitely a buyer's market right now, methinks... I'm just really surprised that I haven't gotten any nibbles at all yet...

-Steve

#6 ·
do you still have the winglets? I saw them in some pictures.

#10 ·
$8750.00

#11 · (Edited)
Thanks CKAVolvo, yes, I'm asking $8750 for it as it stands. It's just received (I haven't even picked it up from the shop yet) new front shocks and HD spring seats, sway bar bushings and lube, Snabb FMIC, and all wheel alignment with toe set to zero for all wheels.

-Steve

EDIT: Price bumped to $9,500.00 as a result of it now having valid MD State Inspection.

#14 ·
#16 ·
:p That's the only way you'll get it! Nah, the VR is the reason my SR is for sale; it's Rebecca's replacement. I needed more hauling space for my toys, and I don't see the need for more than one car. :)

-Steve

#21 ·
Well, not to burst your bubble, but I've been listed for over half a year and nary a nibble. :-/ So, I'm thinking of dropping to $8,750 OBO at this point. I can't go much lower than that though, as it wouldn't be worth it to sell beyond that! I'd just keep and have two cars at that point. :p

-Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.