SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car had periodic maintenance. But mechanics broke air filter during installation. Because of plastic parts this issue effected MAF sensor and I renewed it with a new one.
Now car has no performance, there is no Turbo pressure. My friends told me that problem might be from blow off or turbo pressure sensor.
Are these reasons possible? Or do you think that it is from exactly from turbo?

If turbo, I'm gonna change turbo pals with an upgraded one and apply chip tuning.

If any suggestions about it will be appreciated.

VKY-L29 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
First I'd check all hoses and vacuum lines, including all intake and charge pipe hoses. You want to make sure everything is tight and secure and that nothing is cracked, cracking or has any holes in it. From there you may want to look into a new TCV and after that a boost pressure sensor.

If the mechanic broke anything while working on your car, they should be liable and pay for whatever is necessary to get you car back to how it was before you brought it in.

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would be concerned that if the air filter housing was damaged, then part of the housing that are on the engine side of the air filter might have been sucked (blown really, by air pressure) into the intake side of the turbo. I doubt they gave you the broken housing so you could check? Turbo blades might be broken or perhaps just blocked from turning?

You said "Because of plastic parts this issue effected MAF sensor and I renewed it with a new one." - new MAF or new air filter housing? If MAF, did you use OEM/Bosch? Try restoring the original MAF and driving. Your new MAF might be defective or the wrong part. If you replaced the MAF with the plastic tube rather than just the MAF thumb sized sensor insert, then are the MAF hose clamps secure?

Did the performance issue start after the service or after your parts change?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
MAF sensor changed with 8670398HT OEM part number Bosch brand. We saw that the old one sucked broken plastics. So that's why I decided to renew it.

Probably turbo pals effected too. Before checking turbo we are going to check all sensors, connectors, cables. Maybe to fix turbo is cheap but disassembly and assembly operations are expensive.

If the problem is turbo I'm going to chance pals with an upgraded one. Original one with 8 pals and upgraded one with 11 pals.
Before Tuesday I need to check and eliminate all possibilities except turbo.

Thank you guys. @Phixion @EngineeringBloke

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don’t upgrade anything until the car is running perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I'm going to run it 310hp, so I'm going to change what is necessary for. Probably I'm gonna change turbo hose with silicone one.
After changing MAF sensor, there is some bad smell in car. I don't know why, I'm gonna ask if MAF sensor doesn't work properly.

VKY-L29 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Have you checked the three vacuum lines on the TCV are all routed correctly?
It happened to me once after maintenance, and after rerouting the vacuum lines correctly I got my turbo pressure back.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you checked the three vacuum lines on the TCV are all routed correctly?
It happened to me once after maintenance, and after rerouting the vacuum lines correctly I got my turbo pressure back.
We are going to check them tomorrow. Mechanic wasn't available for maintenance.
Without turbo pressure it's horrible to drive. Thank you for suggestions.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Exhaust part of turbo is broken. That's why we don't have any turbo pressure.
I went to a turbo mechanic, he told me that there is no way to repair it. Suggested me to buy a new one. I checked by 53249707401 part number. KKK Borg Warner K24 turbo is not manufacturing anymore. Spare part of it can't be found.
I don't know what to do. I'm gonna look to fit another turbo unit. Otherwise I'm gonna sell my baby.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
You don't have to get a band new one or even a Volvo branded one. There's lots of remanufactures, or even brand new clone units out there that should be completely fine to replace with. If you get a used good known working one, you can always get the rebuild kit to ensure its working at it's best. I honestly wouldn't ditch the car just because brand new units are no longer made from Borg Warner. Just my opinion...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You don't have to get a band new one or even a Volvo branded one. There's lots of remanufactures, or even brand new clone units out there that should be completely fine to replace with. If you get a used good known working one, you can always get the rebuild kit to ensure its working at it's best. I honestly wouldn't ditch the car just because brand new units are no longer made from Borg Warner. Just my opinion...

I am searching for brand new clone ones but I couldn't find yet. Looking also China because of my trade business.
Honestly I don't want to get an old used one. Because this unit's life depending on user's behavior.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts