SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,<p>I am going to be installing my imiv in the near future. I figured that while I was in the dash, I would run some lines from the line-out to the trunk. I have a DIN adapter for the back of the head unit. I am curious if anyone has a suggested route for the cables to take to the trunk? Up past the center console or around the outside by the doors. I may run speaker wire to the trunk too at some point. Any sugggestions on that would also be appreciated. <p>Thanks!

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Probably best to go around the outside by the doors so that it is hidden. I can't find any places to go down the center without the wire being exposed.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Re: (Jexx)

I concur with Jexx, go from the HU under the driver's side carpeting to the outide along the rocker panels back under the rear seat to the trunk.<p><br>Follow the same route for the melbus cable shown <A HREF="http://vccs.volvocars.se/accessories/feb_release/vccsMawebTransform.asp?type=html&uid=09533229-c7a7-4a09-a9c0-30d180d47cbd&culturecode=en-GB" TARGET="_blank">here</A>.<p>I recommend using shielded wire.<p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts