SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be installing a remote start in my 2005 S40 and have a few questions regarding the transponder bypass. I want to use a 556u and hardwire it into the factory antenna ring instead of trying to find the best place to mount the ring that comes with the 556u. Is it possible to do this? If not, does anybody have any recommendations on how to bypass the transponder system? Also, does the keysense wire have to be powered for the car to remote start? And finally, if I have a key in the 556u and insert a key in the ignition cylinder, will the car shut down because it senses two keys? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm interested in what setup you're using.. Make model features of the remote start kit. Wish I knew answers for ya but hopefully your exploration will pool together answers for those also interested in a similar setup...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan on using a basic DEI like a Viper or something similar in conjunction with a CAN BUS module for the alarm, door locks, tach monitoring, and hood status. I would also like to hook up the rear defroster and the heated seats to the AUX. I promise I will post a very, very, very detailed tutorial when I finally get everything working. I get tired of hearing that it CAN'T be done just because it's a Volvo. I know how to install the remote start, I'm just not exactly sure on bypassing the immobilizer. I have a schematic of the immobilizer system, but I'm just not sure of exactly how the 2005 S40 responds to sensing two key signals at the same time. I have a way around that if there is a problem. I just don't want to go cutting wires when I don't have to. That's why I would like some information on how this specific immobilizer system works before I start the install.

·
Registered
484 Posts
It would be great if you can figure it out and post information with some picture for us DIYers.
I know of a place in Detroit that has done it on S40 before but they charge around $200

1 - 5 of 5 Posts