SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my transmission control solenoid on my 2005 S40 is bad. Could anyone tell me where it's located and if it's something I can change myself? I have some mechanical skills, but if it's too involved I'll take it to my mechanic for repair. I'm just trying to save some money by doing it myself.....Thank you for the help

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think my transmission control solenoid on my 2005 S40 is bad. Could anyone tell me where it's located and if it's something I can change myself? I have some mechanical skills, but if it's too involved I'll take it to my mechanic for repair. I'm just trying to save some money by doing it myself.....Thank you for the help
I've replaced a few valve bodys on AW55-50SN (Geartronic, AWD.) There are 3 linear solenoids located on the top of the valve body, and then 5 other shift solenoids located below the Linears.

http://www.sonnax.com/articles/209-aw-55-50-af23-33-diagnosis-and-valve-body-information

That URL has some information reguarding diagnosis and troubleshooting of the valve body assembly.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I'm assuming all the transmission parameters (pressures, flow) are viewed with DiCE and VIDA?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts