SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 2005 S40 T5 into the delearship today to diagnose a CEL. The CEL was accompanied by a serious reduction in performance, most likely a result of the computer going to default mode after it detected the problem.<br>The problem was diagnosed as a bad turbocharger temp/pressure sensor. From the picture they showed me, it looked like it was downstream of the turbo. After 2 1/2 hours at the dealership, it was finally fixed (they had to take off the front bumper to get to it) and all was well. On the drive home it happened again, loss of almost all acceleration at low RPM and then CEL. I took it right back to the dearlership.<br>The mechanic who worked on my car happened to be sitting in the office of my customer service rep. He recognized me and said "Your check engine light came back on, didn't it?" I said "yes" and promptly gave him my key and checked out a loaner.<br>Has anyone experienced anything like this? The mechanic unfortunately was baffled by the problem. Luckily everything is covered by warranty so far. I am worried I might have a turbo problem. Any input will be appreciated.<p>Meanwhile, I am stuck with this auto S40. I want my 6spd T5 back!<p>---------------------------<br>Update - Just talked to my service advisor...He is ordering a new booster system. Does anyone know what the difference is between the booster system and the turbocharger? He said the new system does not include the turbo. Unfortunately, I will have this loaner over the weekend.<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by armiswk at 2:27 PM 8-11-2006</i>

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Re: 2005 S40 T5 Turbocharger Temp/Pressure Sensor (armiswk)

Of course it's downstream of the turbo! It's located kind of behind the passenger-side foglight. But really inacessible.<p>Sounds like it wasn't the problem, eh? Don't worry, they'll find it.<p>Tom.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts