SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,360 Posts
Re: 2005 S40 T5 AWD vs. 2005 Subaru Legacy GT (jholder)

i know the legacy HP seems a bit overstated. i have friends here who dynoed theirs and they had about the same wheel hp as mine stock.

overall, its a good car and handling package, but i still prefer the volvo for its better refinement and looks.

· Registered
1,360 Posts
Re: (quick)

one thing to add.. but ive run against quite a few modded LGTs now.. and it has taken serious money to be spent on them before i got beat... like the order of 20-30k worth of mods.

just straight up chipped LGTs, arent really competitive.. i cant really say why, from the tuners ive spoken to, its actually quite a tricky car to mod. also has a very interventive Electronic throttle module.

just something thought i should point out.

· Registered
1,360 Posts
Re: (Crashy)

Quote, originally posted by Crashy »
That's strange I thought the LGT uses the same EJ25T that the STI uses, with a different turbo (VF39 vs. VF25). Most STI mods fit a LGT aside from incompatible downpipes. And I think all Suby's in recent years have the drive-by-wire system.

i believe US LGT's have a single scroll VF40.

· Registered
1,360 Posts
Re: (Beanboy)

Quote, originally posted by Beanboy »
Pretty easy to get good power from a LGT.

Multiple exhaust options, a few bolt-on turbos, TMIC, FMIC, turbo packages and EM options...

Uppipe, shorty downpipe and off-the-shelf map is good for around 240HP/285lbs-ft of torque to the wheels. 243HP/300lbs-ft with a tune. That's with everything else stock, including paper OEM filter and stock (including third OEM cat) from the shorty DP on back. Would cost you anywhere from $645-$1200 depending on how you replace UP/DP.

Replace all the exhaust piping (including headers) and get a bigger TMIC, and that jumps to 265HP/340lbs-ft to the ground.

Bolt-on 18G turbo brings that up to around 310HP to the ground...

if only it was that easy... but its not.

theresa number of local tuners here who have been struggling to get to even the 300hp crank figure, let alone the 300hp wheel mark. those thave have done it, have had to ditch the stock ECU completely and go with a MOTEC one.

and not to say these guys dont know what they are doing, this is an asian country after all, so they are pretty used to churning out big HP STIs and EVOs without breaking a sweat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.