SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,<br> I've searched through all the topics here, and well I'm probably more confused than ever. I was looking into getting 2 aftermarket Visonik Subs with Amp, and doing a custom fiberglass install for the show look etc. I've got the premium sound system in my car, therefore factor sub etc. I've read about using the cleansweep and everything else, because I want to retain my factory controls and the steering wheel controls if necessary. I've read about using a cleansweep and not, I guess I'll use the best solution. What happens if I don't use a cleansweep? We can't really figure out how to make it all work, and sound great. Any solutions are welcome to hear, and we aren't looking to integrate an iPod at all, so we don't need to worry about that. <p>Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Re: 2005 S40 T5- Aftermarket Subs and Amp (makonyy15)

I put an aftermarket sub and amp alongside my factory amp. I used a HiLo converter on the left back speaker to give the amp a signal. I then wired in the amp and attached the sub and viola. If you have any questions PM me.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the reply. Quick question, did you lose any controls/features ie steering wheel controls by doing this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts