SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2005 s40 t5 6mt AWD part out

I have a 2005 s40 t5 for part out. I will ship small stuff, (maybe up to the size of an ac compressor) or large stuff if you pay, and make it easy for me. I have a complete engine that I have not heard run, but is sitting on a stand and passes a compression test. I believe you could put it together and it would run. I will sell it at parts price. The head has about 190k miles, and the block has about 130k miles. Also a good m66 6 speed, clutch was good and pressure plate was also good, also the splined collar appears to be good. Cloth black interior with sunroof is ok condition. Body panels are all good. I bought the car with a bad head gasket, and was going to get it running, but decided to chop it up.

The car is black, cloth interior, and everything must go. I plan on having it in the back yard about a year, then scrap it. Prices about junk yard prices. Look on car-part.com and offer 2/3 the cost of that, and we should be good! Right now, I have the whole car, so let me know.

I am located in the upstate of SC in case anyone wants to pick up parts. Also there is an ad on CL on the greenville SC page with pics.

Thanks.

Lots of good parts, turbo and not cracked exhaust manifold, brake calipers, suspension, everything must go!! (wife is not happy about car in back yard on blocks)

Items SOLD...or broken/unavailable.

Front console light plastic is cracked. (The one around the rear view mirror)
Front dash speaker cover cracked.
one wheel is sold
both lower rear control arms are gone
smaller upper rear control arms are sold
front o2 sensor is sold
upper timing belt cover sold
transmission is sold
Power steering resevoir
angle gear
front left axle (the short one)
all four springs
stock downpipe

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
If the dome light assembly is in good condition, I'd like to buy it.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I want 300$ for the engine. It is a good head bought from a member on this forum, and a good bottom end, but I have never personally heard the engine run. I honed the cylinders and they are within spec, put in new rings, and the pistons look good. I pulled a couple main and crank bearings, they look good, oil pump works, and it will pass a compression test and a leak down test. The engine had about 200k miles, and the lower end has about 130k. Just in case anyone else is interested. It is sitting on a stand, ready to go. You can steal an engine for a t5 if you play your cards right. ;)

·
Registered
475 Posts
How about the metal pipe that runs from turbo to intercooler under the engine? Is it solid and undimpled?

686Sport

·
Registered
457 Posts
Headlights? HID or standard? Does it have sunroof, if so the sunroof control panel with dome lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
457 Posts
Cup holder in center console?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Floor mats?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Sun visors? Homelink upgrade or standard, color and any cracks around the mirror doors?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Trim -- waterfall and door handle trim? What exterior panels are good? I'm down in Charleston, might come up this or next weekend to pick up things (sister lives up that way).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey guys, still lots of good parts at Crazy E's back yard s40 t5 pick apart!

I am sorry If I have done a bad job of answering requests, I thought I would get email alerts, and I do sometimes, and sometimes not. I will try and do a better job of staying on top of things...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts