SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I am selling my 2005 S40. I will update with pics soon if the weather ever improves. You can read particulars on the S40 forum. I am in northwest NJ..Rich--Make offer

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Might want to provide a little information on the car and an OBO price.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I lol'ed when I looked at this ad

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, here are the particulars. I bought the car 2 months ago from the original owner. He broke the timing belt 2 hours from his home. Had it towed to a Volvo dealer who wanted $7k to replace the motor. Car has 106k miles on it. I bought it from him, and I removed the head and replaced it with a completely rebuilt head. Did the belt, water pump, idlers, etc and bought the tools to lock the cam. When I restarted it, it ran and idled great, but I had a p0016 and p0017 code on the 2nd restart. I have removed the belt and retimed at least 4 more times following the procedure. I now still have the p0016 code, and a bit of an uneven idle. Car runs fine on the road, but has the idle issue and the code. I do not have the time or desire to proceed. I had bought this for my daughter and her 3 yr old son because they are safe cars. She previously had a 2002 V70 XC. The car is dark blue with grey interior, 6spd, and all the usual items. I would like to get somewhere near $4k for the car..Book is way over that. I suspect there is a problem with the intake cam VVT, either the solenoid or the VVT itself, or the cam sensor. This could be an easy fix for someone with a higher level of expertise than I possess. I am not a quitter, but it is time to move on. I need a car for her before winter. Thanks. Car is located in Hardwick NJ, 07825. Thanks, Rich

1 - 6 of 6 Posts