SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
We have a 2004 XC70 that exhibited "brake failure, stop", flashing warnings and limp mode transmission hard shifts. Sent the CEM to XeMODeX and all cured. About $600. Quick turn around. I think the CEM's are programmed to the individual vehicle. Don't know if a 2002 CEM can be reprogrammed. Perhaps ask XeMODeX. The 2004 and earlier CEM's are reported to overheat causing random failures. My son uses the 2004 XC70 at school, 250 miles away. I have tried to assure the car is as reliable as possible. Check the parking brake shoes for delamination, PVC system is not clogged, transmission fluid is fresh and clean. Let us know how it goes. Lots of knowledgeable help here.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I did not provide XeMODeX a spare CEM. I removed my questionable CEM, packaged and sent to XeMODeX. They downloaded my cars data to a refurbished CEM and sent to me for installation. Easy plug and play. I suspect my old CEM was rebuilt, tested and purged of any vehicle specific data then used for another customer. The rebuilt CEM has a lifetime warranty as long as we own the car. No issues after 1.5 years and 16,000 miles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.