1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
nice...the cheapest and simplest way to do it if your xc90 block is not toasted... get R head = complete cams and all and R pistons and rods...that's it...while the head is off you shim the sleeves and you have a semi bulletproof better than R engine you just put in... that's what i would/will do to my wife's xc...:)

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought about shimming it. Probably should if I plan on boosting the hell out of it. My spare time is sparse with two young kids and this will be for the wife who really never gets into a cars throttle. I really did it because it was the cheapest option I had for a complete engine. Head to toe I couldn't beat the price and I was right that the turbo in the XC90 I bought had a oil seal leaking as well as bad main bearings. It might be rebuildable and I think the head is fine. So I might just make back my $1000 one way or another. Whats a good 2.5T cylinder head worth $4-500?

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
yeah with bad mains,R engine swap is simpler...2.5t head...dont ask me , I had one in my hands with 35k miles on it and I wanted to see how far i can throw it so I was throwing it around at the local JY around cause i have thee 2 R heads sitting at home...you can find those all day long for about 50-80$ at local you pull it JY ...but if one needs it, they'll pay 200-400$ i'm sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts