SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started getting a check engine light code P0497 that would come and go for weeks at a time with no discernable impact on gas mileage or performance. I've looked at the vacuum hoses under the hood and changed out the purge valve and its had no effect on the light.

I do have a very light odor of gasoline with no visible sign of a leak anywhere. Can anyone offer any advice and or tell me where the carbon canister is located. It is not clearly visible under the car. I did have one source advise it was in the engine compartment near the radiator which seems false. No hoses go forward from the purge valve.

Appreciate any ideas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both. The evap solenoid was replaced as was the gas cap seal with no luck. So its off to the shop for a smoke test. (not the dealer)
This car had the cracked fuel pump replaced and occasionally at times I'll get a slight odor in the car. I wonder how that recall impacts any gasoline odors ? The gas odor related to that recall was quite pronounced and this is only slight and intermittent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts