SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there!

This might sound odd but does anyone know or knows anyway to find out the size of the sway bar bushing bolt on the front end of these cars?

Why?

Well i changed the bushings recently, i got a knocking, had a nose under there, noted i hadn't cranked one side down enough (small gap), looked closer and saw that the bolt might be rounding (boo). Before i attempt to remove and tighten back up, I'd like to have some in advance incase all goes wrong, as i won't have a spare car to cruise out and grab a new one while mines on the stands.

Ok cheers!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Hello there!

This might sound odd but does anyone know or knows anyway to find out the size of the sway bar bushing bolt on the front end of these cars?

Why?

Well i changed the bushings recently, i got a knocking, had a nose under there, noted i hadn't cranked one side down enough (small gap), looked closer and saw that the bolt might be rounding (boo). Before i attempt to remove and tighten back up, I'd like to have some in advance incase all goes wrong, as i won't have a spare car to cruise out and grab a new one while mines on the stands.

Ok cheers!
Pretty sure the head takes a 14mm socket. As for thread pitch, etc. I have no idea.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I will be popping mine off this week so can check. Will let you know.

2002 V70XC, 2003 V40, 2004 S60, 2010 V70

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Cool! Thanks dudes
Here is a crude video after I took bolts out. If it’s not totally clear from video, bolt is identical in thread pitch and bolt head to the two smaller bolts that fasten the subframe bracket to subframe at front of car just back from front wheel. Just pop one of them out to verify pitch.

https://youtu.be/IrDaOi4yj_U

2002 V70XC, 2003 V40, 2004 S60, 2010 V70

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ahhhhh! Saved my bacon, i can easily find that info for the subframe bolts online, wicked. These sway bars are in an unnecessary position, you saved me some real hasel.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Ahhhhh! Saved my bacon, i can easily find that info for the subframe bolts online, wicked. These sway bars are in an unnecessary position, you saved me some real hasel.
Volvo had to squeeze Toyota Tundra into XC70, that's why it's tight :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts