SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace the rack in my XC70....2004. For some unknown reason this is the "holy grail" of steering racks according to many parts sources. What is so special that makes 04 its own steering rack?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
rockauto lists both speed sensitive and non for less than $350, but they are both on a return and rebuild basis.

I guess there's no cores to be had. You'll likely have to pull it and have it remanufactured.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm the quality manager at Advance Auto Parts and Carquest, so I might be able to assist here. I put an email into my contact at Cardone. They rebuild this and we list it as a factory direct piece. They do a good job of keeping cores in stock (their core warehouse is wonderfully impressive), so I asked if they had cores ready to go for this part. AAP shows this to be $422.39 for the non-steering assist (26-2555) and $359.05 for the steering assist (26-2523). Both have a $90 core attached as well. CQ lists this as considerably more expensive. All the cardone units have a limited lifetime warranty. I'll update this post when I know more.

Oh, AAP also shows M1000422137MAV supplied by Maval. It's remanufactured, and it is a factory direct piece as well. I don't have a contact with them though. It's $313.27 and has a $275 core!!! Better bring that old one back :p. It's only a 1 year replacement if defective.

·
Registered
161 Posts
So they said that they were out of cores themselves and your best bet would be to get it rebuilt. They can do it, but it all depends on the condition of the rack. They didn't offer a price, but you could call Cardone's 1-800 number I'm sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts