SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up V70R AWD rear sway bar for my 2004 XC70, thinking that I c/would repeat the 1 hour re & re from my S40 experience with the IPD sway. This particular install appears to be much more complex and while I have google searched and read through the IPD instructions (remove wheels, drop exhaust, drop shocks etc) I am wondering if anyone has better/clearer direction than the IPD instruction OR if there are any shortcuts that anyone can suggest to make the task that much more efficient. Any/all sights are welcomed. Thx in advance.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hmmmmm....38 views and no responses - not even a "suck it up princess" and spend the estimated four hours to do the work??

Again, any insights as to how to make this particular task any more efficient are welcomed. I note that the 2008+ model version is a simple re and re similar to the S40 - %$#@!!. Given that I am unbuckling the shocks, I am likely going to double my fun quotient and replace the rear shocks at the same time. To this end, any recommendations beyond stock, noting that I will be on occasion towing a light (1200 lb) travel trailer??

Thx in advance.

dd

·
Registered
16,857 Posts
No princess involved in that work... Wish I could give an answer. Will be following to see what I might be interested in doing at some point! Send pics! Did you reach out to Antherzoll, JRL, worldin or someone else with a build?

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Gave this job to my Volvo mechanic because, I was short on time, my steering rack was getting replaced, it was winter, and I didn't want to deal with it. He just followed the IPD instructions. It's a process, just dig in and giver'.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
I can give you rear shock replacement advice! Stand on the brake rotor! That's the best way to extend the suspension enough to get the shock back in... At least it was in my V70R. Might also want to do brake rotors and parking brake shoes while everything is apart... If they're going to be due soon... Up the fun quotient even more.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay - thx. Insights are appreciated.

Am now rethinking this project for the spring to increase the fun quotient as suggested and do the rear sway bar, shocks and brakes. In the interim, I will do the f/r end links to tighten things up to get me through the winter. It's not horrible now - it may be that I am just spoiled with the tight roll on the ES and S40.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts