SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2004 XC70 Part Out (Gone)

A family member is soon to be parting out a 2004 XC70 with ~265k mi. Black exterior, Oak Arena interior. I'm posting this on their behalf. Too many issues to keep it on the road, though if someone wants the whole car to try otherwise let me know soon and we can talk. It does run and drive, though with some issues (some mentioned below).

Engine needs work (PCV partially clogged - glove neither inflates nor sucks in, oil pan needs to be cleaned, possibly more - has oil pressure warning which is the latest reason it is off the road). Newer t-belt/serp (20-30k on them). Cloth/Vinyl seats, driver and I believe passenger ones are toast, rear 40-20-40 in decent shape. Interior trim is mostly intact, so if looking for 2004-specific dash pieces here's your chance. Transmission is flaring hard when hot. AWD was fully functional this winter. Has the metal flip-down cargo grate in back, no other semi-unique options I can think of.

I can get pictures of items on request with prices.

If there's something you are looking for let me know and I'll provide specifics.

Car located in Rochester, NY (14613).

·
Registered
931 Posts
Any idea of the BCM was ever replaced? If so can you indicate whether it has DTC or DSTC buttons on the bottom center dash, left of the cigar lighter (in front of shifter)??

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any idea of the BCM was ever replaced? If so can you indicate whether it has DTC or DSTC buttons on the bottom center dash, left of the cigar lighter (in front of shifter)??
Doubt the BCM was ever done. The car has been in the family since ~115k mi and I don't remember that being done. I'll ask to make sure. Pretty sure it only has DTC.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doubt the BCM was ever done. The car has been in the family since ~115k mi and I don't remember that being done. I'll ask to make sure. Pretty sure it only has DTC.
Confirmed: original BCM as far as we know.

G

·
What do you want for the whole car? My 04 xc70 is on its way out (fwd ftw!) and I’m trying to decide if it’s cheaper/better to buy a parts car and fix or just pull parts and scrap then buy an 05+...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do you want for the whole car? My 04 xc70 is on its way out (fwd ftw!) and I’m trying to decide if it’s cheaper/better to buy a parts car and fix or just pull parts and scrap then buy an 05+...

A little late in replying, but it sounds like you've got something better coming your way anyway. This '04 needs more work than yours from what I've seen.

G

·
A little late in replying, but it sounds like you've got something better coming your way anyway. This '04 needs more work than yours from what I've seen.
No worries Matt, I already bought an xc60. I do have a buyer for my wagon though that may be interested in some of the parts. And I am looking for a pair of black on wheels to put on so I can pull my aftermarket one for the new vehicle

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And I am looking for a pair of black on wheels to put on so I can pull my aftermarket one for the new vehicle
I'm going to need a translation on that one :)

Good luck with the XC60!

G

·
I'm going to need a translation on that one :)

Good luck with the XC60!
Grr effin Siri. Screw apple with a rusty nail. How’s that for a translation

What I meant to say was I’m looking for stock p2 wheels cheap so I can pull the sparcos to put on the xc60.

·
Registered
931 Posts
If it does NOT have DTSC or STC (buttons bottom center dash left of the cigar lighter) can you PM me the VIN?

Thanks -

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Grr effin Siri. Screw apple with a rusty nail. How’s that for a translation

What I meant to say was I’m looking for stock p2 wheels cheap so I can pull the sparcos to put on the xc60.
Lol! Siri's the worst!
He's got several sets of wheels, but the worst/spare set will be used to get it to the JY.

If it does NOT have DTSC or STC (buttons bottom center dash left of the cigar lighter) can you PM me the VIN?

Thanks -
No DTC or DTSC buttons apparently.

YGPM.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bumping this to the top.

Partout has begun. Car will likely be sent to the crusher/junkyard in the next couple weeks. Want something? Just ask!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Last call. Car leaves in the next 1-2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
how is the steering rack? was it ever replaced?

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
All season mats?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All season mats?
There was a set of aftermarket ones in there. I can check if they are still around, his "new" XC came with OEM rubber mats so there's a chance.

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
There was a set of aftermarket ones in there. I can check if they are still around, his "new" XC came with OEM rubber mats so there's a chance.
Yeah, let me know.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts