SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went camping last weekend and ended up bending the subframe on a rock, which one would normally just fix it myself. But I was 500 miles from home with no real tools at hand. Insurance has decided a total loss.

So I am putting this out there to see if anyone is interested. I have invested a lot in this car in aftermarket parts and upgrades, and hoping someone may want the car for a decent price. For parts or to repair.

I've decided that after all my adventures, I need a truck or jeep more suitable for my off road mayhem.

What is in it:

Odo 225000 miles

-Do88 intercooler
- new nissen radiator and condenser (15 k miles)
-Ipd silicon pipes (all 3) w bov
-Ipd tcv / silicon vacuum lines
-ipd LCA and HD ball joints
-ipd skid plate (aluminum)
-ipd silicon coolant hoses
-ipd Strut bar conversion
-ipd Billet transmission mount
-ipd ss brake lines (1500miles)
-ipd 3" ss dp (not installed yet)
-new engine mounts, top mount is powerflex bushing
- 305mm brake upgrade with centric rotors (286 was stock original not included)
-225/75r16 Yokohama Geolandar g015s LT (15k miles)
-15 mm spacers front and back
-Badswede 2" spring lift on new Sach struts f/r (15k miles)
-xc90 2.5t front axels (will include oem they need rebuild)
-aux transmission rad with thermostat and magna fine filter
-new fuel filter (less than 5k miles)
-brand new 160amp alternator
-new water pump, timing belt, pulleys
-updated Ps reservoir
-spark plugs and coils (8k miles)
-pcv serviced last year
-tyranny flushed less than 5k miles ago.
-just changed oil and filter (less than 1k miles) full synthetic Mobil 1 5w-30
-1 set of green and 1 blue injectors
-16t turbo from a t5 (needs a rebuild was going to convert to 20t....not installed / stock 13t installed )
-R cluster with overhead led lights (faceplate swap)
-Led interior lights
-Grom audio in HU

The engine runs strong and smooth, I'm sad that this happened as I was about to upgrade the turbo to a 20/22T and a stage 3 Hilton tune.

My predicament is to let it go to the junk yard and get what the insurance hands me, keep it and rebuild (which I ran out of steam), or pick it up, haul it back home on a trailer and sell as a whole for parts , so here I am.

I don't have the time and space to salvage everything out separately , so I'm open to tow it to you locally in Socal or Arizona or let you come pick it up.

As you can tell, I've invested well over 3k in parts and labor.

Asking $3300 obo comes with full Bible of receipts and service records.

I'll also throw in a s60r exhaust, 1" body lift(struts/front and rear subframe), Delrin Subframe bushings, and some other parts I have lying around that didn't make it in.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,310 Posts
Dude just replace the subframe. It's a driveway project and will save your car.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Dude just replace the subframe. It's a driveway project and will save your car.
Seconded. Just use a top engine support bar that uses the fenders to hold up the engine and trans to swap it out.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Thirdededededed... I think it’ll be a lot more work parting the car out then swapping the subframe. While it’s out of commission , you can complete all the stuff that need fixing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
174 Posts
Seconded. Just use a top engine support bar that uses the fenders to hold up the engine and trans to swap it out.
That top engine mount (essentially one bolt) can hold up the engine? I’d rent a cherry picker to hold it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a subframe from an S60, 40 min north of sac.
How much for the subframe?

You guys wally want me to build that 20T don't you?

I'm getting convinced to keep it. I will just need a place to park it till I can get parts and time to work on it, then tune it.

Still getting a truck... Which will allow me to tie the car myself.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts

I'm getting convinced to keep it. I will just need a place to park it till I can get parts and time to work on it, then tune it.

This is good to hear! The 20T would be awesome...but even without, it’s too nice a build to part out (that’s taking a lot for me to say, cause I’d love to take a bunch of those parts off your hands! Haha.) Keep her on the road. Buy Boosted’s subframe and put your delrin bushings in before you reinstall. Or just go pull one at a JY. Don’t sell/part!

·
Registered
573 Posts
That top engine mount (essentially one bolt) can hold up the engine? I’d rent a cherry picker to hold it up.

No, 91shelby's talking about a tool essentially, it sits on the fenders inside the engine bay and spans over the engine and connects to the engine to support it, using chains or similar. Standard tool for the job. We're not talking about using the existing crossbar and engine mount to hold the whole thing! Years back my dad and I DIY-ed a support bar out of 4x4s for my old 940 to do something on it, might have been engine mounts, I don't even remember anymore.

Deva, definitely replace the subframe and keep this awesome build on the road!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
No, 91shelby's talking about a tool essentially, it sits on the fenders inside the engine bay and spans over the engine and connects to the engine to support it, using chains or similar. Standard tool for the job. We're not talking about using the existing crossbar and engine mount to hold the whole thing! Years back my dad and I DIY-ed a support bar out of 4x4s for my old 940 to do something on it, might have been engine mounts, I don't even remember anymore.

Correct, I picked up mine for like 60$ from ebay including shipping so far already used it 5 times. But yes would love to see this awesome build continue to be on the road. :D

·
Registered
463 Posts

What’s a subframes worth? Engines out but it’ll take me time to drop it from the car. $100?

·
Registered
463 Posts

They sell these at harbor freight, like a $100. Id buy one if I actually used it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts