SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Delete if not allowed. Working on a 04 xc70 2.5t. It doesnt develop any boost. It pulls about 13in/hg vacuum at idle, My old R would do 15in at the same elevation (4600ft) also the vacuum doesnt change with decel. When I got WOT ill get about 3psi for a second (spike) and then falls back to zero. Also at WOT I occasionally feel a little blip of boost but quickly goes away. I found one vacuum line that was disconnected and fixed that, i tried a good tcv and no change, I replaced all the vacuum lines I could see because they were kinda cracked. Checked all the tcv lines and they all seemed fine. Checked all the clamps on the cold side for tightness. Car has 145k. What else can I check? No check engine light. Runs fine other than no boost lol.

What would be the most reasonable next step??

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are you using to measure boost?

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk
I have the torque app so its coming from the ECU directly. I have used it on my other Volvo's and has been spot on with the boost gauge I had on both my old R's. The car is also obviously slow as cold tar so its not hard to tell that there is no boost

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
I have the torque app so its coming from the ECU directly. I have used it on my other Volvo's and has been spot on with the boost gauge I had on both my old R's. The car is also obviously slow as cold tar so its not hard to tell that there is no boost
Not from my experience. On P2 Volvo's the BPS is not available through OBDII. If you want to read boost you will need to connect a mechanical or electronic vacuum/boost gauge to the intake, or you can read the BPS through VIDA. Torque app is only a calculated value based off of engine displacement, RPM, and MAF. So, get the proper instruments and take another reading before you start chasing issues.

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts