SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car alarm has been going off randomly. I called a Volvo dealership who told me it might be the battery in the remote, but most likely was the siren. They quoted a price of $500 to fix it: $350 for the part and $150. for labor. I replaced the battery in my remote thinking that would solve the problem. It didn't go off for several days. However, last night, I had my phone and the remote in my purse. Every time my cell phone rang and I answered it, the car alarm would go on. I was able to shut it off when I pressed "LOCK' on my remote. Where is the siren located on the car and can I fix this myself? I've read about replacing the batteries in the siren. Are there any clear instructions on this for someone who is not particularly mechanically inclined?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Re: 2004 XC 90 Siren problem (Cassandra)

try using the second remote or even a service key-if the problem stops, you need a new remote.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I agree, it sounds like that remote is failing if a cell phone signal will set it off. You could put your phone next to the 2nd remote, call it, and see if that sets it off. <p>I'm curious, my '07 uses the horn as the alarm. Yours is a siren?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts