SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go to start car, was working just fine a few hours before, crank no start!! I got a flashing low coolant message, a flashing check engine light and the coolant message going to El Power system and a tach jumping up and down a bit. Looking everything all over coolant level was fine, scanned and got no codes whatsoever well I opened the fuse box and pulled the ecu fuse and put it back in thinking i could reset it. That got it to start .....so my scan tool does give me live data( icarsoft) and I did get a low reading on battery voltage which was about 12.8 up to around 13.2 while running at idle down to 12.22 with alot of things on. Im thinking alternator possibly. I never got a red battery light. So being the tach was bouncing and the flashing check engine light and the messages on my dash I came up with alternator or possible crank position sensor.

am I missing anything here am I on the right track?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
try the crank position sensor, I had one go out on me. Tach was jumping all around but wouldn't start.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Connect it to another battery via jumpers. See if it makes a difference.

2002 V70XC, 2003 V40, 2004 S60, 2010 V70

·
Registered
16,841 Posts
Power issues for sure. Alternator likely, as mine was all jacked up with that problem. Systems all got confused.
Get it scanned with VIDA.
CPS, huh? Is that hard to replace, Larry?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Power issues for sure. Alternator likely, as mine was all jacked up with that problem. Systems all got confused.
Get it scanned with VIDA.
CPS, huh? Is that hard to replace, Larry?
Very easy. Unplugging it was the hardest part, plastic clip that didn't want to flex. It's held in place with a 10mm bolt. Just need a swivel socket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts