SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a new set of tires. I have been running bf goodrich, they are choppy and add a bit of noise. complete job includes rotors and pads. I have been recommended Nokian 235/45r17

Fellow Rdrivers, what should I get? The Pirelli PZeros? The Goodyear eagle F1? Michelin Pilot super sport? Alpine A4? Bridgestone Blizzaks?

or run with the Nokians? Just replaced all the arm bushings. So I'm shopping for the next step.

Thoughts? Kumho is a great price, on the Ecsta?

The followup here is that these will need to handle snow and mountain roads, I had the same Nokian tires on my '98 v70r and they were great. But I wonder about the other options.

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Michelin Pilot Super Sports....

THat is all. Superior handling grip dry wet cornering its retarded how good.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I just took a gamble on buying a set of Kumho Ecsta 4x tires and couldn't be happier with them, however I only have like 300 miles on them.

I was really leaning towards the buying the Continental dws's but I have had a bad experiences in the past with the conti's and decided to go with a friends suggestion to try the kumho's.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've run hankook v12's in snow in Tahoe , work fine and a great dry weather tire . They are not M/S branded on sidewall though .

·
Registered
876 Posts
Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Position. I have them on my car for last 3 - 4 years (17"). It is a heavy tire, but I am very happy with them.
I just picked up a set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS tiers for a new set of 18" wheels (recommended by many on this site), and two out of four are getting exchanged because tire shop can not balance them :mad:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I like my Pilot Super Sports! They are 18s with over 20k miles and should double that with great wet traction and efficiency.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I get Bridgestone at less than cost / therefore I'm a lil partial to them. Ill chime in with the 970AS are pretty awesome. But for longer lasting great traction and very quiet the re760 are the ticket. Thats what I have and I love them. The 970AS I can break loose in a corner, the 760's not yet. And for the $$ they are the heat.. If your looking for a top tier Summer tire try the Potenza 050. Sick tire, the warmer they get the better they stick. but they are $$$

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I need to get a new set of tires. I have been running bf goodrich, they are choppy and add a bit of noise. complete job includes rotors and pads. I have been recommended Nokian 235/45r17

Fellow Rdrivers, what should I get? The Pirelli PZeros? The Goodyear eagle F1? Michelin Pilot super sport? Alpine A4? Bridgestone Blizzaks?

or run with the Nokians? Just replaced all the arm bushings. So I'm shopping for the next step.

Thoughts? Kumho is a great price, on the Ecsta?

The followup here is that these will need to handle snow and mountain roads, I had the same Nokian tires on my '98 v70r and they were great. But I wonder about the other options.
Conti DWSs - you'll be able to run them at least one winter in New York and they test just behind just behind Pilot A/S as a summer tire.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I just took a gamble on buying a set of Kumho Ecsta 4x tires and couldn't be happier with them, however I only have like 300 miles on them.

I was really leaning towards the buying the Continental dws's but I have had a bad experiences in the past with the conti's and decided to go with a friends suggestion to try the kumho's.
I was thinking about these too. Too bad you don't have more mileage on them to give a more complete review.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

1 - 13 of 13 Posts