SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

2004 v70r - Manual Swap?

7K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  bigern79 
#1 ·
Question please. Can this car be manual swapped and if so by who? Read a few things from Lucky at ARD. He seems to be doing very little these days. Any info would be welcome.

#2 ·
Where are you located? If feasible I would go to Rolling Motors in Watertown, CT. Ben is the owner and it will be done to a very high level of quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Would be interested in hearing your experience and understanding the involved time and cost. This is something I have considered. I know chilledman has also done several in PA.
Happy to hear from both posts that it's doable. Dealt a bit with Lucky at ARD. Think Aaron at VAST @ and Gustav at Contrast are more reliable. Thanks again for the posts.

#7 ·
Going to Ben will be worth it and he’s close with Stevo. Drop it off and pick it up ready to go. And it will be tuned correctly, which is more than you can say for most other tuners.

#10 · (Edited)
I actually just went down this road with my 06Vr and did the swap myself with the help of Rolling Motors (Ben and Steve).

Got a 04 S60R parts car for $1,000.
Additional new parts were around $1,500.
Had Ben and Steve do the ECU and CEM tune (yesterday in fact) for another $900ish.
Sold all the parts from the 04 I didn't need + $1,000.

So I'm all in for $2,400 and now have a much better car and a spare 2.5l motor among other parts I kept from the 04.

Rebuilding the auto would have ran around $3,500. So it was well worth it going with the 6sp swap.

And like most others have said, go with Rolling Motors. I was in the car as they tuned it and they spent over 3 hours dialing it in, runs absolutely mint now.

20190831-092702

Side note, Ben needs a secretary so just be patient with the communication.

#11 ·
Sometimes I play secretary when I go there to hang out and he’s busy. Probably a call every 3 minutes all day long. So yeah be patient.

#12 · (Edited)
You guys are great and thank you. I continue to hear good things about Ben. Time to start shopping for a donor car. My V70R issues may help keep my son distracted from his 850 build delays. Life in the hot rod Volvo world is never boring. Hope to have 2 finished cars soon. Thanks for all the good advice. We’ll be happy to share the trials and tribulations of our builds soon I hope. And of course to show off some nice hot rod Volvo metal 🙂. Again thanks to all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.