SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys (and girls),

I been reading around the forum for quite some time and have now decided to ask a question which I've been unable to find other related forum answers to, so here goes...

I've got an 2.4 automatic 2004 V70 D5 163hp/120kw with 667.000 kilometers (420.000 miles) on the clock.

I recently had the driveshafts replaced and after that the car is mildly shaking when in 'D' and with the brake applied - say, at a red light.

The idle revs are normal, same as before, around 700ish.
To describe the feeling, its like stopping at a red light reving to 1300 rpm in "D" while simultaneously pressing the footbrake - that sort of shaky, pulling feeling. Yet, the revs are not at 1300, but at 700, when I get these shakes. It only occurs in D, not in neutral or park.

Would there need to be some sort of ECU reset or computer relearning necessary when the driveshafts have been replaced?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi guys (and girls),

I been reading around the forum for quite some time and have now decided to ask a question which I've been unable to find other related forum answers to, so here goes...

I've got an 2.4 automatic 2004 V70 D5 163hp/120kw with 667.000 kilometers (420.000 miles) on the clock.

I recently had the driveshafts replaced and after that the car is mildly shaking when in 'D' and with the brake applied - say, at a red light.

The idle revs are normal, same as before, around 700ish.
To describe the feeling, its like stopping at a red light reving to 1300 rpm in "D" while simultaneously pressing the footbrake - that sort of shaky, pulling feeling. Yet, the revs are not at 1300, but at 700, when I get these shakes. It only occurs in D, not in neutral or park.

Would there need to be some sort of ECU reset or computer relearning necessary when the driveshafts have been replaced?

Thanks in advance,
Check torque mounts, they tend to be really noticeable when you’re stopped in gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfect

Check torque mounts, they tend to be really noticeable when you’re stopped in gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers!!

I've ordered two new mounts which may indeed be the cause - so some time next week I'll take the time to fit them and update.

I replaced the vaccum mounts at the same time as the drive shafts, so they should be all right - but I'll have a look next week.

For reference for anyone facing this problem in the future I'll attach links and part no. of the parts bought:

Anyroad, I went for Febi Bilstein part no. 22687 and 22711 as linked below:

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/febi-bilstein/1880343

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/febi-bilstein/1880320

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE:

Changed the two mounts today. The transmission mount was beginning to show signs of wear, but not excessive, and the passenger side (right) lower engine mount was like new.

In short, the problem persists although it has gotten slightly better due to the transmission mount, but generally little has changed.

Any thoughts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts