SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I really don't know where to look with this one. I did the timing belt 30K ago along with new plugs and coils. There are no check engine lights, but the car seems dead at WOT. My girlfriend who doesn't know the first thing about the car even noticed yesterday -- "where's the pull?" she said.

Low RPM torque seems fine and if anything more pronounced than it used to be. The car occasionally vibrates a bit more at idle too -- not all the time, and not in a way that feels like a repeat misfire or stumbles, but it feels "crunchy", not smooth and quiet like it used to be.

I have also noticed that I have been going through fuel at what seems like a much higher rate than I am used to. I was at 3/8ths of a tank and in my last 8th only 60 miles later according to my trip ODO, though instantaneous fuel consumption according to the car seems normal.

Could I have a bad injector? Failing fuel pump? Bad MAF or O2 sensor? Compression issue? Skipped notch on the timing belt? If so, why no warning light? I really don't know! Please offer any advice you have -- I'm a college kid that doesn't have the money to pay a mechanic to chase a ghost.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Any misfires at WOT? Weird/different exhaust smell or color? Almost sounds like there could be a leak in the charged air pipes at higher boost pressures or TCV malfunction. Turbo Control Valves can get clogged and malfunction easily and 16 year old CBVs can get brittle or have punctures leaking boost. Old rubber hoses that are easy to pinch closed by hand could also be collapsing and suffocating the engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts