SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced brake pads, rotors, flushed and bled the brakes. It's 28f outside. When I first start the car and start driving brakes are very sensitive, grabs very sharp with barely pushing on pedal. But when car warms up to regular after driving for few miles, brakes barely grab. I've driven 1000 miles on new brakes and rotors. Driver side front rotor looks broken in, passenger fron rotor still looks sorta new. What could it be and how can I adjust it? Fix it? Oem pads, oem rotors, dot4 braking fluid.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
did you grease the guide pins, and make sure they were able to slide back and forth?- i would at least check them out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. Don't wanna sound like ass, I've done plenty of brake jobs. Grease, torque wrench everything to specs. New to volvo life tho. Had toyotas Hondas vws audis ford's. Never had this problem.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Did you clean the rotors? Could have oil on one. If you bled them there could be a slight bit of air in one line. I think this is a 4 channel system so if there was air in one line it would almost behave normal but the rotor would not grab.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Are you using Huggies as a jack stand? I know they pack those things pretty tight these days but jeeze! ;)

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Does sound like air is somehow trapped. TG had this issue some years ago. To get out stubborn air it helps to push it backwards. Pull caliper off & pump brake a stroke or two. Just enough to get the piston out a bit, NOT pop it out of the caliper). Open bleeder & let it gravity bleed till there is no air. Close bleeder & compress piston back in. This will force any air that is stuck in the ABS or master back into the reservoir.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts