SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the lower front ball joints in my 2004 S80. The left (drivers side) went in without a hitch. When doing the passenger side, everything came out fine. Installation of this joint was a little trickier to seat but we got it. However, when trying to reinstall into the control arm it did not line up. Nothing we do can get the ball joint threads to line up with the control arm ball joint seat. The axel is all the way in but there is no more "give" as we feel we need to beable to push the assembly back just another 1/8 inch. Any help will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I replaced the lower front ball joints in my 2004 S80. The left (drivers side) went in without a hitch. When doing the passenger side, everything came out fine. Installation of this joint was a little trickier to seat but we got it. However, when trying to reinstall into the control arm it did not line up. Nothing we do can get the ball joint threads to line up with the control arm ball joint seat. The axel is all the way in but there is no more "give" as we feel we need to beable to push the assembly back just another 1/8 inch. Any help will be greatly appreciated
I’m guessing you got this fixed, if not would a ratchet strap affixed to the subframe help pull the spindle in that little bit further?

2002 V70XC, 2003 V40, 2004 S60, 2010 V70

·
Registered
445 Posts
Remove the axle bolt with a 14mm socket on an impact wrench. You can move the strut anywhere you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts