SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Folks, I meant to do this myself in the Spring, but with the addition of another child (2 young kids, now), my free time is almost non-existent between family life, work, Olympic Weightlifting, and all my other hobbies. I ended up taking the car into a local Volvo shop to have the following work done from parts I've accumulated over the last 6 months......

The following parts were installed last week..............

Alarm Siren Module
do88 big pack intercooler with bigger hard-pipes for the turbo to intercooler and intercooler to throttle body
snabb intake
IPD 3" catted downpipe

For install later this week, or early next depending on when the last silicon coupler arrives...

Kinugawa 16T turbo with 11+1 billet wheel, 1.0 bar adjustable wastegate, heavy duty CBV diaphragm with "BLUE" spring
"R" type manifold
green giant injectors
HILTON STAGE 3 tune

I've attached some pictures below of how things look currently. I picked it up Friday and am just babying it around under 3k RPM's while I ride around on the stock tune :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Proper turbo cartridge arrived on Friday and I spent some time this weekend getting that installed and getting the billet compressor wheel moved over and then re-checking the wastegate. Install date is set for Thursday on the 16T turbo + R manifold + injector upgrade.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
16T with 11+1 billet wheel, blue spring in the CBV and nicer wastegate made it into the vehicle yesterday along with the "green" bosch injectors. Ends up, my car already has the "R" manifold on it. I dropped the Stage 3 Hilton tune with "torque limiter" removed onto the vehicle before driving it home. Wow, definitely woke the car up in a big way. I've owned V8 mercedes, V8 mustang with nitrous/heads/cams, so not new to speed, but really pleased with how refined the car is and how easy it is to stay out of boost, or get deep into it.

·
Registered
688 Posts
S80 is a nice platform, but requires more work than more popular models. Also 5 cyc has tons of AM options. Have fun with it!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
S80 is a nice platform, but requires more work than more popular models. Also 5 cyc has tons of AM options. Have fun with it!
I really enjoy it, the increase in boost/power is substantial. The car really wakes up at 3k all the way to the top. My biggest grip, prior to the upgrades, was how the car would lose power above 4.5k RPM, in a huge way. That low pressure turbo was really only useful until about 3-3.5k RPM. Next up is snagging some "R" calipers and rotors with stainless braided lines, and getting those in.

·
Registered
688 Posts
You’ll need to replace the brake dust plates too with the R brakes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts