SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Re: for sale? (Tx Turbo Ho)

Be ready to be patient. I listed my '04 MT V70R (more rare than S) and it took about 2 months to sell at a discount to blue book. My R only had 16K miles and was in tip-top shape.

List it on cars.com and autotrader.com. Anything else will be a waste of time and money (especially feebay!!). But you have picked a better time of year to sell than I did (Dec.).

Good luck!

Last day together:

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: for sale? (24Hours)

Quote, originally posted by 24Hours »
Be ready to be patient. I listed my '04 MT V70R (more rare than S) and it took about 2 months to sell at a discount to blue book. My R only had 16K miles and was in tip-top shape.

More "rare" does not necessarily make for an easy sale as you found out. Flash Green is rare but wasn't a big seller either. Volvo doesn't build many VR's for a reason......they can't move them that quickly. If anything, a S may be easier to sell because a sedan has a bit wider appeal. It's all in where you price it.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Re: for sale? (Tx Turbo Ho)

Quote, originally posted by Tx Turbo Ho »
Thinking about getting rid of my '04. 20k miles Blk metallic,Atacama,Premium,6spd,new KDW's. Any ideas on price?

Well if it is a V70R, KBB.COM has wholesale between $26-$27k. That makes sense to me as my 2004 with 24k miles was purchased last year in that ballpark and as a GT it booked higher than a 6 speed (go figure).
I am looking for a 05 V70R with your color combo or a red/atacama and a 6 speed, but an 04 may work if the price/mileage is right.
Good luck,
Jim

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (Token)

Take it and run

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
Re: (Token)

Quote, originally posted by Token »
Can someone tell me if £14000 / $25200 is a good price for a 2003 S60R . . .

I'd say that's a horrible price no matter how you slice it. You can't sell a unicorn.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (R Salesman)

Quote, originally posted by R Salesman »

I'd say that's a horrible price no matter how you slice it. You can't sell a unicorn.
How's that,
You think it's worth more and are buyers lined up around the block for this combo?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

Some early Euro cars apparently are registered as 03s (I think), his is Euro

·
Registered
404 Posts

Reality... About 24-25K if you want to sell soon. Ask $27-28 if you want to sit on it for awhile. If you really don't want to sell it, ask $30K.

Well, I just bought my 04 S60 R Flash Green, Attacama 6 spd with 28K mi.
Has ALL, (incl Navi) but no Sport Pckg, got it for $26K with a brand new set of Kumho winter tires (next best besides Blizzak IMO) mounted on nice what look like Thor wheels, 18". A Luggage rack too thrown in.
Got it shipped to my driveway for $425 from East Coast.
(Georgia car, bought at North Point Volvo btw)

I just picked up Sport Kit and 05 side, f/b mouldings for $1300 total.
$400 to paint and I'm into this Unicorn for $28,125.
I personally like the color combo and I have been getting lot's of loooong looks with it, especially the women. It's a 4 door chick magnet!!

For the longest time I was trying to buy a silver/nordic one from this guy that had the Sport pckg, but I wanted to pay no more than $25-26K which btw was the highest offer this guy ever had. He wanted $28,800 or 28K min. and it had OVER 40K miles on it!!!

I'll bet it's still for sale and will be until he goes to about 24-25K
Just reality.

Maybe I'm stuck with mine now, but for sure, I won't see another like it so I get to be an original, I guess that's something.

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
Re: (Dzljet)

Quote, originally posted by Dzljet »
$400 to paint and I'm into this Unicorn for $28,125.

Congrats on the car.

For the record, my unicorn comment was in reference to the 2003 R, which does NOT exist in the US.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Re: for sale? (surfsd)

Quote, originally posted by surfsd »

Well if it is a V70R, KBB.COM has wholesale between $26-$27k. That makes sense to me as my 2004 with 24k miles was purchased last year in that ballpark and as a GT it booked higher than a 6 speed (go figure).
I am looking for a 05 V70R with your color combo or a red/atacama and a 6 speed, but an 04 may work if the price/mileage is right.
Good luck,
Jim

Would you be interested in taking over my lease?:

2006 V70R Electric Silver, 6-speed, premium, climate, built-in boosters, third-row, all-weather mats, mud-guards. 1300 miles. $650.00/month, 12K/year, 34 payments left.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Re: for sale? (Dashdog)

Quote, originally posted by Dashdog »
Would you be interested in taking over my lease?:

2006 V70R Electric Silver, 6-speed, premium, climate, built-in boosters, third-row, all-weather mats, mud-guards. 1300 miles. $650.00/month, 12K/year, 34 payments left.

Sorry,

Looking for Red/Atacama or mabe Black/Atacama in a V70R.
I have Silver/Nordcap GT, which I love, but something about JRL's car really pumps me up.
And I love Atacama interiors with 6 speed transmissions.
Jim

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: for sale? (surfsd)

Enough.
This thread belongs in the FOR SALE section
(really, it does)
Surfsd, you can buy my wagon if you gots the green

·
Registered
336 Posts