SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mechanic told me my ballast went out. (Driver side) I tore the bumper off and switched the ballast out for a new one tested it and it still doesn't work. I took the headlight out of the passenger side and plunged the whole thing into the driver side, it worked. So, does that most likely mean it's my igniter? Or maybe the harness cable? I don't want to mess with that voltage or pay someone else to take my bumper off and did around in there due to costs. The bulb was brand new so it wasn't just a bad bulb. I just know it's something in the headlight assembly and I'm sure you're all aware it is not easy or cheap to find a new hid assembly. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Did you check your fuses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Start swapping parts, it's the best form of troubleshooting. Swap bulbs and igniters from known good side and weed out your problem that way. If you determine it's neither of those then it has to be the wiring harness internal to the headlight, maybe burnt up wire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've checked the fuses switched bulbs and got new ones. I'm really hoping it's the igniter socket or harness at this point. I'll find out tomorrow. All this money going into my R and it's all to have a working headlight. So depressing. If it is the igniter does anyone have a good site I could order one from?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts