SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My S60R was totaled out by the insurance company a few weeks ago after a front end collision. The car is in really good mechanical shape, with no serious notable issues. It will need a front bumper, four tires, fog lights, and a few other odds and ends to make it roadworthy again. Right now, it is with the insurance auto auction, and it will be available in a few weeks once the title is released to the insurance company. When the car officially goes up for sale, I'd love to see it go to another enthusiast that'll save it, as opposed to it becoming a parts car, because it is a really solid R. Here's the link, and please feel free to keep an eye on it, and I'll additionally post any updates as I have them. If you buy my old car and save it, please let me know, as I'd love to see it saved!

https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/VehicleDetails.aspx?itemID=20928675&RowNumber=4&loadRecent=True

·
Registered
13,495 Posts
Doesn't look that bad- very savable.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doesn't look that bad- very savable.
It definitely is. I'm really hoping that it goes to a good home with someone off here that'll save it!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE: The car is being auctioned on Thursday the 18th. In order to bid, you'll need a free IAA account which you can sign up for at the link posted. I hope that a fellow Swedespeeder ends up with her, and if you do, please let me know as I'd love to see her brought back to life! :D

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Why didn't you buy it back and fix it yourself? Looks like it just needs a bumper cover?

If it were a wagon I'd be all over it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There was a dispute with the insurance company over the value of the car, and what it would realistically cost to replace it, so any talk of buying it back from them unfortunately went out the window. The simple answer: The R paid the price of the insurance company refusing to be reasonable. :( Two more days until she's auctioned off.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is someone off here the $475 top bidder?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's up to $700 now, the auction will end at some point tomorrow. The link to keep track of it is posted above.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts