SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've owned a 2003 S60 D5 SE for 5 years and it's (been) a wonderful wonderful car. 243,000 miles now. Recently, it's started going into limp mode under hard acceleration, esp. when cold or if the weather is wet it seems. Turbo seems very loud according to petrol head passengers that have been in it.. Found a bargain on an 04 D5 recently, and decided as a safety net to get that too.

It doesn't have heated seats, but my '03 does - though drivers side has failed, got really hot in one corner for a while, now no longer works so I suspect damaged heater element in seat pad.

I'd like to get heated seats in my new '04. The heated seat buttons on the CCM are blanked off. I've been searching, and reading... and reading some more! but still have questions. I understand I need 2x heated seat modules (could get from my '03 if functional), and a software update.

1. Will the seats in my '04 have the heating elements in as standard, just not the modules or switches? How can I find out?
Note drivers seat is power adjustable, with memory, passenger manual adjust.

2. If the seats don't have elements, whats the easiest way to tackle this aspect? Whole new seats? (airbags :/ worries me!) or slide in some kind of aftermarket pad? (what / where from?)

3. VIDA / DICE seems readily available (ebay) and not too expensive - can this be used to enable / disable software features - eg 'turn on' the underseat seat modules when I add them? Otherwise, where else could I drive the car to and have someone do this without charging me d(st)ealer rates?

Couple of other things I've been looking into too - wondered if anyone can help.

1. How do I find out if I have the 200w or 300w amp under the drivers seat? (there is an amp there!)

2. I have removed a front door card and only have the single speaker at the bottom - 6.5" i think. I'd like to replace with the 8" + 3" combination as found in the R's (premium sound option?)
I have a HU803 head unit - can I do this? how would the wiring work - just plug the existing wires in the door into a new combined speaker assembly?
Can I just replace the driver and add the missing 3" one?

3. as above for parcel shelf speakers - can I replace with those from an 'R' which have the tweeter and woofer?

Final question, I'd like to fit a sub - perhaps beneath the spare wheel, somewhere discreet and neat and tidy. How might I go about that - any recommendations on approach would be really awesome. Lots of googling turned up not much s60 Specific, bar one guy who did it but the parts he used arnt available any more. Plus I can't figure where I'd wire things in - something about feeding off the rear parcel shelf speakers perhaps.

Anyway, sorry this is a long and varied post, but I hope that I can figure out at least some of these with your help - after so many hours googling today!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I know for a fact that the R speakers will fit just fine as I've done this swap to my 2004 S60 2.5T. I would also like to get heated seats, but I do believe it to be tricky and expensive if not impossible. Let me know if you figure this out!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts