SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I dropped by a body shop and asked to get a estimate to see how much it would cost to get the moldings for the front bumpers and the side painted to body color. They said would email me the estimate. I got the email, and in the email, they told me that the side moldings are self adhering, utilizing two-sided tape??? Is that true? I was wondeing as well, how the front and rear moldings are attached to the bumper? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: 2004 S60 R Black Molding Trim (bouncer)

That is true.
The bumper moldings snap out, the sides (doors) are taped
JRL

·
Registered
21,166 Posts

Quote, originally posted by bouncer »
Yesterday, I dropped by a body shop and asked to get a estimate to see how much it would cost to get the moldings for the front bumpers and the side painted to body color.

It may be cheaper to order the 05's since they are prepainted and are the same pieces.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: 2004 S60 R Black Molding Trim (SilverS60RNYC)

Quote, originally posted by SilverS60RNYC »

prepainted or preprimed?

Should be prepainted I believe.

My R was mildly rearended by a Saturn and I am waiting on a replacement bumper cover.....which comes prepainted from Volvo. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Re: 2004 S60 R Black Molding Trim (MagoonR)

Quote, originally posted by MagoonR »

Should be prepainted I believe.

My R was mildly rearended by a Saturn and I am waiting on a replacement bumper cover.....which comes prepainted from Volvo. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

*runsofftobuymorestuff*

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: 2004 S60 R Black Molding Trim (SilverS60RNYC)

Quote, originally posted by SilverS60RNYC »

*runsofftobuymorestuff*

Unfortunately, the bumper molding requires painting since it's a different part in 2005.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: 2004 S60 R Black Molding Trim (JRL)

So if the rear bumper molding snap onto the bumpers, attempting to to take them off might break the tabs that hold them to the bumper????

·
Registered
21,166 Posts

Quote, originally posted by bouncer »
So if the rear bumper molding snap onto the bumpers, attempting to to take them off might break the tabs that hold them to the bumper????

A good body shop can handle it. Ask JRL.

If it breaks, just buy a new one and have it painted before installation.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: 2004 S60 R Black Molding Trim (MagoonR)

You just be careful with the tabs.
Taking them off is the easy part, you must be careful putting them ON
They usually never break but the tabs can bend, so if you're slooppy and you try to straighten them, THEN they possibly can break

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.