SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd post this here as not many have installed double dins on the s60 forum on 04's. Anyone that has installed a double din radio panel where did you get it or does anyone know where to get the best price on one? I saw the one for $102 on Ebay just seeing if there's anywhere that sells it for cheaper...

·
Registered
421 Posts

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Great find dougy.
I wouldn't trust that as the stock setup is not a tabbed setup.

volvo_s60turbo why not take a trip to BVV(Boston Volvo Village) It's where I got mine for $60 bucks and its OE Direct Fit. Give them a heads up before you go and they will get one in stock.

·
Registered
Jaguar XFR
3,270 Posts

volvo_s60turbo why not take a trip to BVV(Boston Volvo Village) It's where I got mine for $60 bucks and its OE Direct Fit. Give them a heads up before you go and they will get one in stock.
Damn you dougy!

·
Registered
836 Posts

Get in touch with John Sharisky at BVV -- he got one for me a couple of years ago. Make sure you tell him you are a SS member.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
http://www.tascaparts.com/parts/index.cfm?action=oePartSearch&siteid=213668&make=Volvo&year=&model=&submodel=&searchText=8684591&startRow=31&maxRow=10
took the part number from the link and found it on tasca this looks to be the best deal, what do you all think? Im guessing Im going to need a trim surround as well to mount the double din it is a pioneer double din that I bought from best buy as an open box item so it only came with the head unit itself?

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
http://www.tascaparts.com/parts/index.cfm?action=oePartSearch&siteid=213668&make=Volvo&year=&model=&submodel=&searchText=8684591&startRow=31&maxRow=10
took the part number from the link and found it on tasca this looks to be the best deal, what do you all think? Im guessing Im going to need a trim surround as well to mount the double din it is a pioneer double din that I bought from best buy as an open box item so it only came with the head unit itself?
Is it by any chance the Pioneer AVH-2400BT? I just bought it and honestly I didnt even bother with the surround it doesnt look TERRIBLE

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Yeah itll do the job. Do you have any install pics of yours?
You know, I really don't however, I have to repair a lead on my Sub Preamp this weekend so I'll snap a few pics then if you would like but that'll probably be late tomorrow evening so monday at the earliest for pics to air.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You know, I really don't however, I have to repair a lead on my Sub Preamp this weekend so I'll snap a few pics then if you would like but that'll probably be late tomorrow evening so monday at the earliest for pics to air.
Sounds good I just ordered the panel from tasca so hopefully it will be here soon so I can install this thing and get rid of the ugly single din panel.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I have the factory NAV system but my HU-850 doesn't play CDs anymore and also all the lights on the damn thing don't work lol so needless to say my options are to find a used HU-850 or go this route but if I go custom do I have to rip out the NAV screen or can I just leave it in there?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
lolol.... i would not trust it either...;)

Dougy, the 04's do have a different audio/ccm setup as far as the actual units go. Ours is not a complete unit in one piece. Kind of annoying, actually. I wish the 04's had the aluminum trim too!

And I love your dual gauge setup. I will do this one day. What systems are the gauges for??

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Dougy, the 04's do have a different audio/ccm setup as far as the actual units go. Ours is not a complete unit in one piece. Kind of annoying, actually. I wish the 04's had the aluminum trim too!

And I love your dual gauge setup. I will do this one day. What systems are the gauges for??

thanks fallen, oil temp and AFR .

i am sure if I can make this work in 04 xc90 you will be able to make it happen in your R...talk about pile of **** in different places optical radio components. but it works perfect now and she is happy.

also the double din plate was bought on ebay as well...worked out perfect.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?173719-XC90-Double-din-install&highlight=dougy

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thought Id post up the result of my double din install. Saved me about 50 dollars from the adapter i was going to buy and its the oem one from tasca. Wrapped it in carbon fiber wrap from Rvinyl and added a new IPD boost gauge. Very pleased with the result looks a lot better than my old single din which looked out of place.

Before:

After:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts