SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For about the last month, my S60 will NEVER start on the first try if it has sat for more than 8-10 hours.
Replaced the fuel pump and that didn't take care of it.
Any advice?
It will turn over, fire, and then stumble and die all in about 2 seconds

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
try to check the fuel rail pressure, you should see a valve that you actually can press and see if is enough pressure, do it exactly after 8-10 hours so you can see it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had this same problem the day of buying my as-is S60 :mad: The problem for me was the neutral safety switch. The sensor tell the car which gear position it is in, which also determines the idle RPM speed. Hopefully, like mine, the sensor is not damaged and is simply disconnected or dirty.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
percy have you check the fuel pressure?. I was thinking also the fuel pressure sensor, but most of the time will be notice driving the car, not starting it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
My car did this several times a week for 2 weeks or so, then it just stopped doing it. Could the fuel pressure sensor failing also be the reason my fuel gauge isn't accurate and doesn't work half the time?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Fuel pressure regulator possibly. The seal can go bad and when the car is off allow fuel to gravity drain back to the tank. If you're just sitting for a short time it would not be long enough to see a problem, but after 8-10 hours the lines would have drained and the car would be hard/slow to start until the pump can prime and pressurize the system.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
517 Posts
Mine does this too. Been throwing money at the problem for a long f'n time. Drivin' me crazy. The car idles like bullsh*t for 10 seconds, then it smooths out. Just replaced the fuel filter. Nada. I would love it if this car actually had the courtesy to throw a CEL, at least that might lead me in a certain direction.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My guys did a BG INDUCTION and BG INJECTOR cleaning treatment and it seemed to clear everything up....WHO KNEW?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Percy311, I have the exact problem as yours. My can sounds like yours (start, stumble and die). Is the problem solved since the BG Induction/ injector? Please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
Jaguar XFR
3,270 Posts
Hows your battery? My R used to do that.. then I charged the battery.. went away.

Edit.. didn't see where you fixed the issue.. I will leave my response here anyway.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 18 of 18 Posts