SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2004 s40 t5 and when it rains it leaks inside. the water only collects behind the drivers seat where the rear passengers feet would be. every where else is dry inside the car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My daughter's 2005 S40 had this problem, and her husband took an air hose to the left drain and blew it out...Now the leak was worse than ever because the air pressure popped the drain hose off the plastic elbow-nipple at the bottom of the "A" pillar next to the windshield and the water flowed directly into the car...The drain hose runs down the "A" pillar and empties into the screened-in area outside the car, just in front of the windshield, under the hood...I pulled down the trim molding above the driver's side window and re-connected the hose, glueing it in place...Snaking a wire down through the drain will not work because it has to make a sharp right-angle bend at the bottom, and this is where the drain gets clogged...There is a video on u-tube describing how to do this...

The drains are located in the front corners of the sunroof after it is opened...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2005 S40 and have experienced this same problem for the first time in Dec 2012. Does any one have repair pictures?
i have a 2004 s40 t5 and when it rains it leaks inside. the water only collects behind the drivers seat where the rear passengers feet would be. every where else is dry inside the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts